Who enjoys exercise?

Options
And what are your favorite exercises to do?

Oh, and you guys should add me, because I need support :) thank you.

Replies

• Alyshia90
    Options
    iv just started swimming, its so addictive when you see the amount of calories you can lose doing it x
  • blissy_girl
    blissy_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love to run, I am finally getting back to where I can run a bit. Nothing better then feeling the wind whip through your hair as you run outside :).
  • mhanley1961
    Options
    I love doing my elliptical. I used to use it religiously, the a couple of years ago, I quit. Now, since I am back on my diet, I am using it daily. I am back up to 45 minutes now. I used to do a full hour of cardio when I got off. I also have a bowflex that I am trying to get incorporated back into my exercise plan.

How about you?
  • 170to117
    Options
    That's awesome! Do you do laps? The only problem with swimming is that there are very few health centers with a pool by me
  • DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    LOVE exercise - that has never been an issue. I also love food...THAT is the issue!
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am normally a very self-directed and motivated person but I *hate* working out by myself. I like group fitness classes, dance and personal training sessions but I don't like going by myself to use a treadmill/elliptical/whatever. I also like team sports (lacrosse and volleyball for the most part).
  • Finallyhappy03
    Finallyhappy03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I enjoy how it makes me feel after its done and the fact that it helps me keep off the 44 lbs that I lost last year. There are certainly days that I DO NOT feel like getting my workout in but I think back to all the times that I talked myself out of exercise and how I never reached my weight loss goals in the past. It wasn't t until I mentally pushed myself to be consistent with exercise that the weight finally came off. Just thinking about the old me is enough to give me a kick in the butt and once I'm done I feel exhilarated!

Just stay focused on your goals and don't let minor setbacks deter you.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Treadmill/stairmaster/weights/crunches at home. Belong to a gym don't go as much as I should. Hope to start.

Do I enjoy working out. Not necessarily but, it is something I have to do.
  • PeggysDad
    PeggysDad Posts: 105
    Options
    I do lots of walking, tolerate it but wouldn't say I enjoy it.

I do lots of weight training..now that I do love!
  • sophiareal
    sophiareal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I enjoy bikram yoga - perfect combination of sauna plus yoga - afterwards I always feel like I have just done a major detox and stretched in ways I otherwise never would! I also really like bootcamp workouts - whether I do them on my own (the women' health fitness magazine has lots of workouts that can be downloaded for free) or at the gym or follow one of the videos on bodyrock.tv - I feel so much more engaged than in a big group exercise class or slaving away on a cardio machine/using the weights machines in the gym. And best of all, although it can be difficult to push myself, afterwards I feel not only great, but I feel positively stronger which does wonders for my self-confidence!

I also really like running - like for many other people, it is definitely a love/hate relationship - I get annoyed when it's hard work, people overtake me, I can't find a rhythm, it's too cold/too hot, something bugs me or the miles will just not fly by like people always claim they will, but on other days it's the most perfect way to exercise for me - imagine a sunny day, not too warm not too cold, a light breeze, some great music on my ipod, I am running around a local park, checking my watch every so often only to realize my comfortable pace is now faster than my old fast pace, I have no trouble finding (and keeping!) a good rhythm, there are cute dogs and babies and loved up couples to look at, I stick to my planned mileage goal and after the run I pop into my favourite bakery for a fresh bagel and a flat white - perfect post-run treat (haha, you can probably tell that today was one of those great runs!)!

While it can be hard to motivate myself at times, the key for me is to not leave more than 3 days at the absolute max. between workouts - it seems that not working out is something I can get easily used to and the effort of then going to the gym again is just ridiculous, so I just try to workout at least 3 times a week even if that means some of my workouts are easier, at least I dont lose the habit!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the pain and endorphins released after a great work out.
  • KYMUSE
    KYMUSE Posts: 66
    Options
    Yoga
    Lifting weights...esp. lunges, squats and bench press
    Running
    Ballet and dance conditioning
  • sophiareal
    sophiareal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh and a quote that never fails to motivate me: You will never regret a workout! So so so true!

And, for us women, apparently plyometric exercise help increase bone density, which starts decreasing right around age 30 - another reason to keep hitting the gym.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Running is fun to me, especially when you finish. Swimming is super fun. I like my circuit training dvd's and tae boe, but the only workout that doesn't even feel like a workout to me is rollerblading. So fun! If you go fast for an hour you will burn a lot of caloires. I also like biking but it tends to hurt my knees.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Open Water - nothing else gives me both the physical benefits (endorphins, cleanse, heart rate, whatever) and the complete sense of peace, and by that, not just the "runner's high" but also the sort of focus and calm that you might feel when standing on a mountaintop alone or looking up on a moonless night at 2am in the Lizard Head wilderness when the nearest manmade light is 20 miles away.

Enter the food chain.....
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I enjoy road cycling, spinning, stand-up paddleboarding on either the ocean or lagoon, and all types of dance. I just started tai chi on Friday -- but it was sooooooo slooooooow we'll have to see if it grows on me or if it gets nixed.

In my opinion, variety is the key. I personally do not like the gym very much; other than teaching my spin and dance classes, I prefer to be outside.

I have tried lots of other activites, some of which I did not like (Tang Soo Do = NOOOO!).

You just need to get out there and try everything; see what's fun for you.

blessings.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Cardio, not so much. Strength training, I love most of it!!
  • cooter2533
    Options
    I do a lot more lifting than cardio but when i do cardio I really enjoy doing HIIT cardio on the treadmill. I walk for a minute at like 3.2 mph and then run for a minute at like 8.6 and cycle that for about 18-22 min. It totally kicks my but and the time flys by. Definitely a lot better than just jogging at 5-6 mph for 20 min straight, I get the same amount of distance and my heart rate gets to higher levels.
  • nailed479
    Options
    I LOVE exercising!!!!! I love the way I feel afterwards, the results that I have gotten, and I have a ton more energy!!!
  • nailed479
    Options
    OH! And my favorite workout/s are turbo jam, turbo fire, and few select p90x videos!!!