Back 12kg
    Lunges 10-12kg
    Shoulders 7kg
    Abs 5kg weight.

:)
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Lunges is the hardest track for me. It sets my shins on fire so sometimes I don't even use any weights at all.

How long have you been doing pump lorainekc? Only ask because when I first started I couldn't even get through a set (i.e. 8 singles) of lunges, let alone the whole darn track, without my calves feeling like they were burning so bad!

However, a while later my legs are stronger and I don't feel so much burn in the lower leg, more in the entire leg (I *think* that's a positive ;) And yeah, agree about the wide rows in the back track, especially the dreaded SEVEN!
  • KristenL147
    Options
    Today is my first day using this site and I was wondering how you put in Bodypump under exercise. I just started doing Bodypump at the gym last month and love it! It's exciting to see so many people on here who do it. Any advice on how you enter it in on here would be great, thanks!

As best as I can remember them, I do:
    Warm-Up: 15
    Squats: 25 - 30
    Chest: 20
    Triceps: 15
    Biceps:15
    Back: 20
    Lunges: 10 (I have trouble with my knees hurting and need to work on form)
    Shoulders: 15
  • boo333
    boo333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do LesMills pump
    Squats 40
    lunges 30
    chess press 20
    dead lifts 10:sad:
  • msgill40
    msgill40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah - increase by trying an extra small doughnut on the odd track over time and see how it feels....
  • Saftlad
    Saftlad Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lunges are a killer! Fact!! I teach up to 15 BP classes a week, and they never get easier, so you might as well load up the bar and shape your tush :-) As for hurting your knee, make sure that the front knee doesn't come in front of the ankle, and keep the rear knee in line with ankle & hip. Always squeeze your butt whilst lifting (same in squats).

As a BP Instructor, I would always advise that if you want to increase your weights, spend a bit more time in the gym to increase your strength. Heavy weights, low reps. Then you can go heavier in Pump and increase endurance.

I'm not saying that you can't increase your max weight in the class, just that is more efficient to do it in the gym.

If you want to increase weights during classes, put on an additional weight at the start, then when your form starts to go out the window, drop the bar, remove a weight, and join back in. Obviously that works better in some tracks than others (eg pretty poor in squats but easily done in chest and back tracks).
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice everyone thank you! I do two body pump sessions and one heavy weights with low reps in the gym and I am seeing results so I will just stick with it now you've said that :) I feel ready to increase the back weight just a little - apart from the 7wide rows this track seems easier. Triceps I have noooooo muscle there with just my warm up weight on my arms shake through out but I push through. Working hard on shoulders - trying to increase hand weight and do push ups on my toes. I'll get there slowly lol :) x
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    As a BP Instructor, I would always advise that if you want to increase your weights, spend a bit more time in the gym to increase your strength. Heavy weights, low reps. Then you can go heavier in Pump and increase endurance.

I'm not saying that you can't increase your max weight in the class, just that is more efficient to do it in the gym.

Sorry to hijack this thread slightly, but can I ask you a question please saftlad? I'd definitely like to try the heavy weight/low rep method in the gym too as a complement to pump (concentrating on triceps/upper body). Currently I go to BP three times per week, usually Mon, Wed and Sat. Should I stick with the three pumps and add an extra gym session in (if so which day would be best to do this to avoid any issues with my muscles) or should I exchange one of the pump classes for the gym session. Would be very grateful for any advice, thanks in advance!!
  • Metelus
    Options
    My weights per side

actually:

Squats- 20 kg
    Chest- 15 kg
    Back- 13,25 kg
    Triceps- 15 kg
    Biceps- 6 kg
    Lunges- 20 kg
    Shoulder - 6 kg, 10 kg on the bar

3 times per week, since 3 years
  • Metelus
    Options
    @daphnemoon

Supercompensation is individual, but I think you'll need a break for 48 hours without training to get the best effects to build up your muscles and raise your weights. In bodypump you train all muscle groups, so for an additional power unit you haven' t enaugh regeneration time! But you can run, walk or swim to increase your endurance!
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Lunges are a killer! Fact!! I teach up to 15 BP classes a week, and they never get easier, so you might as well load up the bar and shape your tush :-) As for hurting your knee, make sure that the front knee doesn't come in front of the ankle, and keep the rear knee in line with ankle & hip. Always squeeze your butt whilst lifting (same in squats).

If you want to increase weights during classes, put on an additional weight at the start, then when your form starts to go out the window, drop the bar, remove a weight, and join back in. Obviously that works better in some tracks than others (eg pretty poor in squats but easily done in chest and back tracks).

Great advice!
    I tried Body Pump a couple of times with my wife and got frustrated at the lack of this kind of advice. The instructors pretended they had gotten ripped by doing nothing but Body Pump and did not offer any advice on what weights to start with other than "go light."
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Warm up 10kg
    Squat 30kg
    Chest 15kg
    Back 20kg
    Triceps 12.5-15kg (depends on how my arms are)
    Biceps 10-12.5kg
    Lunge 10-20kg (depends on the track)
    Shoulders 12.5-15kg on the bar, 5kgs to start

When i get to a plateau in lifting in pump, i do and play with the big weights downstairs to i know i get the form right in pump makes progression a bit slower, but hey better doing it safe.
  • Metelus
    Options
    Wow, 30 Kg per side in Squads, that's great, includig bar you have lift 61.5 Kg!!! Very strong!
  • WeightlossBoo
    Options
    My average weights (total) are:

Warm-up - 10kg
    Squats - 25kg
    Chest - 20kg
    Back - 20kg
    Triceps - 17kg bar, 5kg dumbbells for kick backs, 10kg plate for standing overhead extensions
    Biceps - 15kg
    Lunges - 25kg
    Shoulders - 5kg each dumbbells, 20kg bar
    Abs - 5-10kg plates or dumbbells
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add to this thread because I just realised today in pump how far I've come in the last six months! I had a degree of muscle wasting from chronic steroid therapy. Been doing pump twice a week since October and here is what I lift now, and Im proud of my achievement!
    Warm-up 7kg
    squats - 20kg
    chest - 2.5kg hand weights, I have a chronic shoulder issue
    back - 12kg
    Lunges - 10kg
    biceps and triceps - 5kg
    shoulders - 2.5kg each hand weight, 10kg bar for over head lifts
    abs - 5kg

I am particularly proud of my squats which have increased from just 5kg when i first started and back which is up from 5kg.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've made mega progress in just the last month so wanted to update, particularly upper body improvement!
    Warm up 7kg
    squats 22kg
    back 14kg
    triceps 10kg
    biceps 7kg
    lunges 15kg
    shoulder 2.5kg hand weights
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wish i could figure out lbs to kg's!
    Pounds are kg divided by 2.2.
    Kgs are pounds multiplied by 2.2.
  • happytobehere100
    Options
    hi!

I'm currently at (total kg's)

Warm up 7.5kg
    Squats 15kg
    Chest 10
    Back 12.5
    Triceps 10
    Biceps 10
    Lunges 10
    Shoulders 10 bar 2.5 each hand weight
  • emmajsm
    emmajsm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Warm up: 12kg (26.4lbs)
    Squats: 30kg (66lbs)
    Chest: 15kg (33lbs)
    Back: 17kg (37.5lbs)
    Triceps: 15kg (33lbs)
    Biceps: 10kg (22lbs)
    Lunges: 12kg (26.4lbs)
    Shoulders: 10kg (22lbs)
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Love BodyPump, unfortunately my favourite instructor left a few months ago so I stopped and began Stronglifts 5X5 in the gym.

Went to a class last week and nearly threw my standard warm up weight over my head! funny.

Really agree that not all instructors give correct coaching or even any advice. It's a shame.

Before SL 5x5 work I was lifting:

Squats: 12.5kg
    Chest: 12.5kg
    Back: 12.5kg on a good day - otherwise 12.5kg
    Triceps: 7.5kg
    Biceps: 7.5kg
    Lunges: 12.5kg
    Shoulders: 7.5kg

and after:

Squats: 20kg
    Chest: 17.5kg
    Back: 17.5kg
    Triceps: 10kg
    Biceps: 10kg
    Lunges: 20kg
    Shoulders: 12.5kg

I totally agree that some work in the gym will help a lot :)