any one pre plan their food journals?

Options

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I was just about to ask the same question. I'm thinking I should do that, might help to keep from grabbing something I haven't logged.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I do all the time for the work week. Like today I spent most the afternoon making my breakfast and lunches for the week. I don't have the time to do it during the week so I do it on sundays. Plus it helps me stick to my healthy eating. If I leave my meal prep to during the work week I am more likely to say forget it I will go out to eat tomorrow. Or I will grab breakfast on the way to work. As long as it is easily available for me then I am more likely to eat it.
  • fusagirl308
    fusagirl308 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I meal plan for two weeks and use that list to go shopping with.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I plan the whole week everyweek. Otherwise when I get hungry I eat whatever is in front of me.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I do. I like to snack a lot (like, on healthy things), I don't eat big meals, so this keeps me on track. I know exactly what I have left for the day. I also do well when I save some calories for the evening, so I have to plan carefully for that so I hit all my macros. My athletic abilities depend heavily on my nutrition, so I really pay attention to what I'm eating. When I want to exercise heavily I have to eat for it, so I have to plan...
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes. It keeps me accountable and especially with my exercise, I can plan my day a little. :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Yep. But I've learned not to obsess over it. It's too much stress, especially knowing how many things can change or go wrong in a day. :wink:

It definitely helps to give yourself an idea of what you can / should be eating throughout the day though, and even leave room for treats at the end of the day if you want. Good luck! :heart:
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I do sometime and to an extent. I'm a preplanner anyway, and I cook most of my meals at home, so I generally have an idea of what I'm having for dinner the next few days regardless. Usually when I eat breakfast I go ahead and put in lunch and dinner as well, so then I see how much I have left for snacks.
  • 40forYear40
    40forYear40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do- especially when I know I'm facing a potential diet buster...like meeting another family at a pizza joint to get the kids together...I know how weak I am in the face of temptation, so I check out the menu options ahead of time and plug in my "budget" for the event and then use that to help me focus the rest of the day!
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do! I almost always fill it out in the am while I drink my coffee. That way I always know I'm staying in my calorie range.

^^^i do this too^^^
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I usually sit down and put in what I think I'm going to eat especially for dinner to see if it will fit into my calorie count and then make any changes needed. It seems to work better than eating and then trying to add it up. The important thing for me is to be honest. If it goes in my mouth it goes on the computer no matter how bad it is. I've managed to lose 70 pounds since last May 1st.

I do the excate same!!! :wink:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I spend an hour (or more) every Sun, measuring, cooking & packaging all of my meals for the week so that I can have the convenience of CONVENIENCE food. Yes, it does take time, but I know I will not have to fretting over what to take for breakfasts or lunch later in the week.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I work about 80% of my day a little after breakfast - obviously I know what I ate for breakfast, but I usually know and stick to a menu for lunch, dinner and a few of my snacks. Then I balance my calories and macros using the room left over in my calorie allowance, and eat these foods for afternoon snacks and supper.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I always pre-plan mine :)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I do to some extent. Like for example, I have the one of 2 things for breakfast and lunch so my calories don't really vary for those two meals. My unknown factor is dinner. I usually put different meals in my diary to see what I'll have left over after that. For example, if I eat right when i get home from work, then I want a snack a few hours later so I pick a smaller dinner to have calories for a snack. If I eat later, I don't want a snack. But I don't plan them out too far in advance.

Sometimes if I want something that I don't eat often, I'll put it all in early so I know how many calories I should exercise to not go over.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When I'm organised I log the whole weeks dinners when I'm writing my shopping list. It's one less thing to worry about at the end of the day as it's all planned .

I used to log the whole days eating the night before, I really should get back into that!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I do!! I plan the day before, that way I know how much I can eat or if I need to tweak anything so that I don't go over my calories. It helps me alot.
  • dara516
    dara516 Posts: 68
    Options
    Yes, I do. I think per-planning is very helpful. I'm much more inclined to stick to my caloric goals, and less likely to fall "into temptation."
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I usually sit at breakfast and plan the rest of my day, including drinks (non-alcoholic..I'm not 21) and snack food. I write it on a piece of paper, and carry it with me, that way I know what I can have as my day goes. I take my snacks with me in my purse, and I find that having my written list has really helped, especially since I can't always get to my computer to track.
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I pre log on days that I work..... I will usually pre log my day in the morning, so I know how much I have to work out that day...to try to stay in the green.

I might start pre logging a couple days...seems to be working well for others. =)