Elimination diet..... Any advice or help...

Options
I've found when I eat wheat I really suffer and waiting to see a consultant but it's not until April and I can't go on like this!!

I read about an elimination diet consisting of:
Breakfast-porridge
Lunch & Dinner - 4 tbsps rice and vegetables

Of course no caffeine etc. only pears if you need a snack!!

You're meant to follow this for one week then introduce one food group back at a time....anyone tried this???

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    That sounds kind of extreme.

I'd personally eat like you normally do, but take out a food group IE: Dairy, Grains, Meat, Etc and see what bothers you.

I think that by eliminating one at a time, you'll have a better chance of figuring out what is bothering you.. plus you won't be starving.
  • meggy_182
    meggy_182 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ^ Agree^

If you do have an intolerance to a food, you should try and still eat like normal, include the food in which irritates you. Intolerance doesn't mean you're allergic, it just means your body can't process large amounts of the food. This way you can find out exactly how much of a food causes irritation.
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've found when I eat wheat I really suffer and waiting to see a consultant but it's not until April and I can't go on like this!!

just dont eat wheat if it makes you feel bad, eat everything else as normal. dont diet.
  • greendaygal
    greendaygal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    try just cutting out wheat and gluten. it's not that bad when you get used to it, you have to make a lot of ordinary stuff like bread at home to save paying 2 - 3 times as much for the gluten free option. an intolerance is not a nice thing to have, sure it's not as severe as an allergy, but that doesnt mean you should keep putting yourself through hell! give it a go for a month and see if you notice any changes :)
  • katiebride
    katiebride Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing something similar to this. I know that I have IBS, but when I eat IBS-acceptable foods, I still feel awful. Tomorrow and the next day I'm only eating oats, rice, and quinoa, because I'm certain that they don't bother me. Every day after that I'll add a new food to see how I react. It might seem extreme, but when you're going through horrible digestion issues, it's sometimes necessary!
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just started cutting wheat and gluten from my diet because I've been having a lot of problems that I'm hoping this will solve. I don't know how safe it is to be on SUCH a restricted diet. Good luck!