Deadlines for weight loss - What is yours?

Options

Replies

• sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When do you start? I might be able to pull that off!
    I'm starting next monday- gotta wait for my weights and yoga mat to come in plus moving back to my apartment craziness.
    I'm going to try for 5 days a week. You down?

Honestly, I could do it three times a week, but those other workouts I will be hitting the gym for extended cardio. I could still do it with you though, just at a slightly slower pace.
  • sunshinestate
    Options
    I am so totally doing the marble idea! Heading to the dollar store tomorrow for cute jars and pretty jewels to use.
    After being in limbo for a few months I feel like I now am on fire, the finish line is in sight and I want to be at my goal weight by the end of March which is about 11 weeks and I need to lose 15 pounds to reach my goal. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Way to go, you have made excellent progress!!!!
  • sunshinestate
    Options
    If you use money for thte jars then when you reach the goal, you can get yourself something...just a thought!

Excellent idea!!! Or I could give myself $5 for every marble that makes it into the "Pounds Lost" jar!
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you use money for thte jars then when you reach the goal, you can get yourself something...just a thought!

Excellent idea!!! Or I could give myself $5 for every marble that makes it into the "Pounds Lost" jar!
    Sounds like a demotivator for me to do that. I wish I had $5 for every pound i wanna lose lol
  • TracyP111
    Options
    I would like to lose 100 pounds by my 40th birthday...January 2014. That way even if I only lose a pound a week, I can do it. If I get there sooner, even better!
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Let me know how you like the Shred. I found it very hard the first day. But getting easier.
  • sarbu24
    Options
    I want to hit 135 by V-day. Currently at 142 and starting 30 day shred next week :)

Let me know how you like the Shred. Very hard for me at first, but getting easier.
  • sarbu24
    Options
    When do you start? I might be able to pull that off!
    I'm starting next monday- gotta wait for my weights and yoga mat to come in plus moving back to my apartment craziness.
    I'm going to try for 5 days a week. You down?

Honestly, I could do it three times a week, but those other workouts I will be hitting the gym for extended cardio. I could still do it with you though, just at a slightly slower pace.

I will do the Shred with you guys too!! ? I want to try for three times a week as well, and Cardio on the other days.
    I did it a few days ago so Monday evening will be my second day:)
  • sarbu24
    Options
    I would like to lose 25 pounds by April 15th. That will be three months from when I joined MFP and also my 32nd birthday:)
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm targeting to lose 33 lbs by April 2013
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest... I never set deadlines for weight loss. I didn't want to be disappointed, frustrated or even angry if I wasn't able to meet a deadline. Everyone loses weight at a different rate, so I always felt it was better for me to just keep going and not worry about hitting a certain number on a certain day. :)
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have that video too! It's intense. I know my goal is kind of lame, but I really want to keep it attainable. I saw the coolest thing on Pinterest today - motivation marbles. You have one jar that says "Pounds to Lose" and another that says "Pounds Lost". Then you put however many marbles into the Pounds to Lose jar and move them as you make progress. I'm totally trying it!

motivation marbles... possibly the coolest thing i've heard of. time to steal some of my sons marbles. LMAO
  • sibalola
    sibalola Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    my deadline is March 12th on my 24th birthday, I made a goal to lose 25lbs before my birthday in December, I have already lost 10lbs now only 15 more to go 50 more days to go.
  • zelzega
    Options
    My goal is the end of the year, I don't have a specific date set, just a time frame. It's enough of a goal that I won't slack off, but it's not specific enough to make feel like a failure if I don't reach it. Really I just want to reach the weight range, regardless of how long it takes.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    no deadline.One day at a timed for me. If I had a deadline, I would stress and therefore gain weight. No thank you!
  • Loveyhowell1064
    Loveyhowell1064 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That looks like a cool visual to use. I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing.
  • KarleeS92
    KarleeS92 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't have a deadline. I plan on getting healthy, the scales aren't a huge deal for me (even though I am on the heavier side). I have recently become best friends with my tape measure and decided that when I get to clothing size 12/14 (Australian) I'm going to work out and eat to maintain my weight to keep healthy, or I might decide to go to a 10/12. but it really depends on how I feel about myself when I am that size. Like I said, Scale lowers are nice... but seeing the cm fall off and my body toning up are more important to me :) but yea no deadline because I plan on fighting this weight and keeping it off for the rest of my life.
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    I want to hit 135 by V-day. Currently at 142 and starting 30 day shred next week :)

I am also at 142, and want to hit 135 by my birthday, Feb 16th.
  • ruthnor
    ruthnor Posts: 35
    Options
    I want to lose 38 pounds by July, for my 23rd birthday and hopefully a trip to Comic-Con. I have to look hot next to all those celebrities! :P I have 50 more pounds I want to lose after that, but the 38 is a benchmark that would put me at my high school weight.
  • ryjar80
    ryjar80 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 19 pounds by April so I know that's ambitious but 130 is my goal and I wanna get there before spring. My small goal is to get under 145 by February 10th which is my 11th wedding anniversary :) but definitely wanna get to 130 in time to get some cute spring /summer clothes :) I'd love to get under that but that's the smallest I've ever been so that would make me happy :)