roxlen75 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try laughing cow.
  • ravikrishna
    ravikrishna Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Candi,

I'm on to a serious weight loss plan and my list always is as follows

1) Fresh Raw Vegetables/Fruits (No frozen ones) - This will make sure than you burn more and more calories as the raw is always the one which takes more calories to get it digested.

2) Brown Rice
    3) Brown Bread - Contains good amount of Protein
    4) Egg Whites
    5) Whey Protein
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason your using both soy milk and almond milk? If your doing soy milk because you think its healthy its actually not great for you at all. If your not doing dairy for a reason coconut milk is better for you. I personally am not dairy free but I don't drink a lot of milk either. if you want extra protein look at fage greek yogurt it has 23 grams of protein in it, about the same as protein powder and its a lot cheaper. I use this to make green smoothies for my mid afternoon snack. Its much more filling then nuts and a lot lower calories. Other then that just eat clean non processed foods and measure everything you eat and you'll be successful.

I am not anti-dairy. I use milk in cooking and baking, and occasionally to drink, and I realize that it is good for me. However, I like to put sweetened almond milk on cereal because it gives it a nice flavor without adding as many calories as say sugar or honey or syrup do in addition to the calories from the milk itself. Also, it tends to be higher in calcium than my dairy milk, and I like that because since I am menopausal I am at greater risk of osteoporosis. I do like Greek yogurt and often eat the Yoplait 2x protein Greek yogurts. I don't really buy the coconut milk because my kids don't like it and won't drink it. Even with my kids, they do both dairy milk and almond milk depending on their mood to ensure they aren't losing out on any nutrients by choosing one and not the other.