Who’s up and want to chit-chat?

Options
13»

Replies

• occupyme
    occupyme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of reading the news before going to bed: three unidentified black men were killed in separate incidents in the NYC subway on Saturday....and I haven't heard from my very black male kid who lives in NYC since Friday. ...trouble sleeping.
  • irenerose25
    irenerose25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of reading the news before going to bed: three unidentified black men were killed in separate incidents in the NYC subway on Saturday....and I haven't heard from my very black male kid who lives in NYC since Friday. ...trouble sleeping.

I hope all is well and that you hear from him soon!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    @ occupyme I am so sorry your feeling this way, I will definitely pray for your son. I understand my parents are the same way. They are over seas but if they hear anything on the news on a hurricane or a car accident here in the US even if its in another state they will call me just to make sure I am ok.
  • onefourone
    Options

I hope all is well and that you hear from him soon!
    My prayers to for his safety
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    From? Dayton..
    At now? South of Dayton..
    In Ohio..

How far south of dayton? Not trying to be creepy... just amused that others from the dayton area are on here....
  • judgejava
    Options
    I used to have trouble sleeping for various reasons, i tried all sort of drugs and remedies and nothing helped.

Then i was in Japan once doing a martial arts seminar and my instructor said i look tired, i explained.

He said when i go to sleep, turn off tv, music etc etc 30 mins before attempting to sleep, read or write or think then when ready to sleep, turn lights off, relax and count your breaths, breathe in and count 1, breathe out and count 2 then return to 1, never exceed 2, always 1 and 2 counting each in and out breath, concentrate on the breath and then 1 then 2.

It has worked flawlessly for me ever since if i cant sleep, some nights i dont do it and will toss and tun and get annoyed then i remember, i do it and in 5 or 10 mins im asleep.

Try it you might be surprised
  • occupyme
    occupyme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I don't worry often, but when I do, I am totally committed to it!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    From? Dayton..
    At now? South of Dayton..
    In Ohio..

How far south of dayton? Not trying to be creepy... just amused that others from the dayton area are on here....
    Maybe about 25 mins from downtown. I don't know, I've never paid attention to the time.
    about 15 mins from the mall... that one I do know. Since I'm young & a female. It goes hand in hand.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    O...what made you leave?

I was with my Navy hub. We moved because we got orders elsewhere. Trust me, I would fight to stay here in So Cal!!
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Anyone up and bored? I'm at work and kinda bored... so if you're awake and want to chat feel free to message me.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I'm up.. Lol,
    I'm always up..
  • ifor_you28
    ifor_you28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, anyone from Riyadh