Freaking out about not exercising!

Options
Ok, after 8 training days straight, I am having a day off. I've been going to the gym 6 days a week for months and always struggle when i get to my rest day. Logically i know my body needs rest and i am really sore from circuits yesterday, but i can't get rid of that nagging feeling in the back of my mind. Does anybody else find this happens to them?

Replies

• inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes I have that feeling too. I try to go for a leisurely walk. And just keep good track on your food!
  • orangeswild123
    Options
    I'm going through that today! My legs are sore from working out for a good 7 days now and I had to take a day. To me it almost feels like I didn't eat well, just that disappointment haha. But I kept in mind I will workout tomorrow and it's okay I didn't eat bad so that's all that counts! I totally get that feeling though, I felt like a failure :P
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    yes i do and my brain always wins so i havent had a rest day since jan the 1st lol but i have lost 6lbs :)
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Yes, and when I do I remind myself that I am a good person deserving of love and to be properly taken care of and who better to take care of me than myself :flowerforyou:

Sometimes we are so focused that it's like we are on a mission to achieve better health, and because failure is nt an option we push ourselves hard forgetting the goal of our mission is better health....
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I feel like this too! I've just taken a week off as I hadn't had a break since early September - it was so hard! It felt good to get back into it this morning :-D
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have just taken 10 days off and to be honest while i drove myself mad at the start of it by wanting to go to the gym and being scared of indulgent foods, now that i am done with my rest i learnt a lot about myself and the progress i am making and now can make some changes to my path which i think will help.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I'm soo exhausted by the time the rest day comes around that I'm okay with it.

I think I'm okay with it because I know you should take rest days to be successful in the loooooooooooooong run. At some point in time, some people burn out if they do it everyday and beat up their bodies.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    That feeling sucks. After working out almost every day for the last two months, I got a stomach bug yesterday and spent the day between the toilet and the couch. Today I'm kind of feeling a bit better, but I won't be doing anything exercise-like just yet.
  • tbarraco64
    tbarraco64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i do that from time to time, worked out 5 days straight last week. Mon. through Fri. weights and cardio on Mon. Wed. and Fri. and on Tue. and Thurs. All Cardio. Plus I coach wrestling, so I wrestle with my guys, an addtional workout.

I took this sat and sun off and I feel like I should have ran on Sun. I have maintained my diet, I hope this goes away after time, I want to keep my progress but not go insane.

T
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    SO glad I'm not the only one- my calories are right on track so i have no worries there!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    tell your self muscle only builds on rest days. you need this. in fact, you should rest a little more often. enjoy.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Rest is very important. Muscle does not grow when you are workign them out but when you rest them. I am the same way at times but have to remember to listen to my body