Anyone Else Feeling the COLD More since Losing?

Options

Replies

• slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My 126lb of extra flab obviously kept me warm because I could wear anything I wanted outside and not feel it much. The other day I was playing football in a t shirt and jumper in the cold of the night (about 3 degrees celcius) I felt it so much more than I used to, I was running around too! It was my hands that were awful, I was trying to use them and literally couldn't do anything with them for 20-30 mins! Was like I had severe Artheritis or something!
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    Yes, I do indeed. I shiver so much more too... The fat seems to have some warm effect on our bodies... lol... I am however quite happy being colder and slimmer :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    BINGO!
    Without my layer of lard, the wind cuts through me much harder.
    And this has actually prompted me to change my goals a bit.
    I no longer want to dip below 14% bodyfat.

Isn't going to happen.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    SO much! I'm never warm, I have to wear so many layers and my hands will still be freezing! Relieving to know I'm not the only one suffering from this.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I think we'll get used to it over time, it's just that there was a layer keeping us snug and warm and now it's gone we can't just adapt in a day. Besides all the shivering and everything else means we burn more calories, woohoo!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I used to be hot and sweat all the time. After losing 165 pounds so far since my heaviest, I am freezing. LOL But I wouldn't change it for the world.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    at the moment of posting this reply, my therm reads 68F... Im freezing my tooshie off... and had to resort to putting on my too-big-to-wear-now sweatpants and sweatshirt, a pair of socks and a robe...

I have a cup of coffee at my side, and this is just plain madness! LOL
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Oh yes I noticed that I'm getting more sensitive to cold eversince I lost the weight. I think its because of lower body fat percentage
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've lost 10-11lbs since a few weeks before Xmas, which is great, but I was bl**dy FREEZING outside today!!

Anyone else noticed this?? (I don;t have a massive amount left to loose, but probably a stone or so could come off).

Maybe I'll need to wear an extra layer to make up for the layer of body fat I've lost? (Also, prob only eating enough to burn fat, rather than keep warm).

I was cold yesterday after leaving the gym. As I have lost weight sometimes I am hot and sometimes cold. Just depends. But I used to always be hot ... weird as it was in the 70s in Houston so no reason for me to 'feel' cold.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    haha. I did at first but now not so much. I think with the muscle building I am actually nice and insulated
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Me Me Me!!!!:sad: :angry:
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40 pounds and am much colder than I was a year ago.
  • jendarlin
    jendarlin Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't the fat keeping me warm, it was the food. Now I'm below target weight, I've noticed that on days when I eat at maintenance, I'm nowhere near as cold.

I think it has to do with food too! I had an evening of overindulgence recently, and even though it was still cold, I woke up several times during the night HOT! On every other normal day of eating I am cold at night. Interesting!
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Can't believe how much 20 pounds makes a difference! Freezing all winter long! Hope that this also means that I'll be cooler during our hot Southern Oregon summers!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I was fine until I hit 20lbs lost. Then Im cold alot. I never used to be cold, I was always hot. Not anymore. Im like my daughter she always cold. She is skinny.... SO I better get used to it... I only have 28 more pounds to lose.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I feel it in my bones. My house feels cold all the time and I HATE going outside anymore and this isn't even a cold winter for us!
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Yes!!!! I get cold so often now!!! :grumble:
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    yup, all the time, everyone makes fun of me at work cause i have my heater running at the time lol
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! My new friend is my large scarf which I wear around my shoulders all the time!! A cup of tea helps too!
  • Pancake86
    Options
    Yes this is the ONLY downfall about losing weight, i know live in thermals during the cold periods lol