Anyone Else Feeling the COLD More since Losing?

Options

Replies

• zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    All the time! I'm wearing sweaters and sweatshirts under coats and scarves even indoors lately!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold, no matter how much I weigh!!! I swear I should live in Florida instead of Pennsylvania!!!!!!:bigsmile:

I live in Florida and am always freezing too.... and we have had a VERY mild winter this year.
  • sassycassy
    sassycassy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, all the time!!! I keep my heat running all the time (even in the summer) and all of my friends pick on my because it will be 75 and 80 degrees outside and I still have on a sweat shirt.
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    Same here! It is notoriously cold in my office, so we have always kept the baseboard heater on to supplement the furnace, but I've had to start keeping a sweater at work to help keep me warm!! At home, I sometimes put a hoodie on, which I never used to do before. Even my husband, who always changes into shorts and a t-shirt after work (and yes, we live in Canada...) has been throwing on a sweatshirt (he's lost 30 lbs).

Worst of all: I've been wearing socks to bed! :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm cold ALL the time now....hope that adjusts back to a normal tolerence eventually, because I'm getting sick of it already!
  • Manda_H
    Manda_H Posts: 80
    Options
    When I was 320lb I wore sleeveless shirts and shorts even during the winter, now I wear up to 3 layers and then put a coat on to go outside lol

LOL same here!!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    After a 40 pound weight loss I am really noticing the cold too. Last night before bed I was literally shaking while sitting on the couch when my husabnd walked by in his shorts and tee-shirt. He laughed at me. :sad: :noway: I spent many skinny years cold all the time. After becoming obese I noticed that I often didn't wear a coat in the winter and I was rarely chilly. Now I am cold even in the house while wearing thick sweaters and socks and corderoy pants. :angry:
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    I've been feeling the same way.....always cold. I was wondering if it was b/c I drink water all day long?!?!?

14285388.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Good to know there are five pages of people before me to reassure me I'm not imaging it.

I never wear thick coats, hats or gloves or layer my clothing - but this year I am. I'm actually craving hot drinks and soups, which I have never done, and I am going to have to buy a blanket for my bed instead of just the light duvet.

The biggest change, though, is that I actually need to wear socks indoors!

Mind you, a lot of the time, I didn't wear lots of layers because I couldn't find any in large enough sizes. :blushing:
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    heres a link with good info....i also made a post with the link, just in case ppl dont see it here http://www.livestrong.com/article/305720-how-come-when-you-lose-weight-you-feel-cold/
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I found it was the oposite, I feel warmer than I used to.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Yes, me! i was totally going to start topic axing the same thing.
    I was always warm no matter what. Now it's f@cking cold, specially my fingers.
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. I was starting to wonder why I was always colder now. I wondered if it had anything to do with me losing weight. This post totally confirmed that for me.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I am constantly cold. My "good" winter jacket this year is barely enough to keep me warm inside my office, I had to put in a space heater, plus add a sweatshirt to layer my jacket to keep me warm enough to go outside. It's been a pretty mild winter here so hopefully by next winter my body will have adjusted.

Like a lot of people when I'm on maintenance I'm not freezing all the time, still cold just not as bad. I put an electric blanket on my bed around the middle of Dec. The guy I'm dating right now actually runs pretty hot (guessing it has to do with his muscle mass since he's into body building) so he loves the fact that I'm cold and I love his heat. It works well for cuddling :blushing: but makes day to day kinda frustrating- I want to wear clothes that show my new figure not hide it in layers. :grumble:
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm a lot colder and more often than I have ever been before!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think mine is more age than the weight loss, I used to love the cold weather, now I can hardly stand it
  • cpldjski
    cpldjski Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this topic. I have thyroid issues as well and was chalking it up to that. The other day I was complaining about how cold I was and someone replied it was because of all the weight I had lost. I honestly had not even thought about it. I would rather been cold than back at my heaviest weight. :)
  • ineedthis4me
    Options
    Wow - glad to know I am not the only one. I am always complaining as well and my husband joked that it was because I had lost weight. I didn't think much of it but it really does make sense. Now I am always in layers. Hopefully that will mean I won't be so hot and miserable this summer :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I lost 96 pounds last year, and this winter seems MUCH colder than last LOL ...I LOVE layering my clothes now, and never sweat in my coat!
  • DLPenny
    DLPenny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i have lost over 80 some pounds and i feel the cold really bad since i lost alot of weight....