Couch to 5k

Options
jyow01
jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
I am starting the couch to 5k program today I was wondering if anyone has done this program. Also, wanted to see if it really works before I start.

Replies

• Donna_Houghton
    Donna_Houghton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My boss did it last year and was able to run 5k within 12 weeks. She did a fun run for charity and managed to run all of the way without stopping. I've never tried it though - I hate running!!
  • prettylittlechubby
    Options
    Hi

I completed it, and loved it, defiantly recommend you doing it!!!

xx
  • daboyzma
    daboyzma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started the same program last week! I've heard nothing but good things about it. Good luck and keep me posted on how you're doing!!
  • jrmc83
    jrmc83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week six for the second time today. I love it but I only did one day last week :mad: It's such a doable program!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    It better work! LOL - I'm in the midst of the program now. I've never heard anyone complain about it.
  • Krystal924
    Krystal924 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 today. So far I haven't died running. Hoping to run the Anthem 5k in March. Hope I'll be ready by then. :) Good Luck!
  • kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should totally do it. It is downright amazing how at the beginning, even the one-minute runs seemed virtually impossible, but by the end, I could run!! Now, about 3 months after finishing C25k, I am still running 3 days a week. Yesterday I did 4.5 miles. I had an app on my phone and the voice would tell you when to walk and run, it kept it very simple!
  • kiwi1003
    kiwi1003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 today. So far I haven't died running. Hoping to run the Anthem 5k in March. Hope I'll be ready by then. :) Good Luck!

About week 4 or 5 it really kicks up, but don't get discouraged, repeat a week or 2 if you need a more gradual change.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    bump im starting in feb :) x
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I've done it and love it, weeks about 4-6 were the hardest I thought. Once you get through it though its worth it.
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3 and love it! I have Lupus and I'm doing the program so I can join in the Lupus walk/run this year!!! I have to be careful what exercises I do and I have no problems with this program. I downloaded an app for my phone that helps me keep everything straight. :)
  • motherof3brats
    motherof3brats Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Kiwi1003 What is the app? Thank you
  • sammibob
    Options
    I just started today! I wanna be able to keep up with my 13yr old when we do race for life in july! :D
  • surgesilk
    Options
    I finished it last week and while it certainly wasn't fun...I hate running...I love how I feel when I'm done with my run. I was so out of shape I had to do week 1 twice and now I do 30 mins straight. I recommend it highly. Just make sure you have good running shoes.
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should totally do it. It is downright amazing how at the beginning, even the one-minute runs seemed virtually impossible, but by the end, I could run!! Now, about 3 months after finishing C25k, I am still running 3 days a week. Yesterday I did 4.5 miles. I had an app on my phone and the voice would tell you when to walk and run, it kept it very simple!

What app do you have?
  • slimbyjune18
    slimbyjune18 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yep, I used it a few years back, have started running again after baby 2 and already running 30 mins comfortably.
  • PrissyJayne
    Options
    HA! I just downloaded the ap for this a while back and planned on starting it very soon! I'd love to have someone else to help keep me on track! Add me if you're interested in doing it together. I've heard amazing things about the program.
  • ddd_davis
    Options
    I am in week 3 of the c25k program. It's amazing how much stronger you feel with each week. I use the Podrunner Intervals podcast on my ipod. I highly recommend it. It has music with various tempos that tell you when to walk/run.
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I started using it about Aug. Completed it and still run. It is a great way to start. I don't regret any of it.
  • Babyglass13
    Options
    It absolutely works. I worked through the couch to 5k program a couple of years ago from a point of getting winded walking around the block. I continued to push myself after completing the program and finished my first half-marathon last January. Stick with it, listen to your body, and see if you can find someone to join you. I'm always at my best when I can run with someone. Best of luck! You'll feel great every time you accomplish that next milestone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!