So a fat girl walks into a bar....

Just kidding... :) My name is Rebecca, and while I have been a member of MFP for a while now, I have never made any friends on here. I am looking for a support system. I want to find people that are as excited about getting healthy as I am. I know losing a pound a week isn't the most exciting thing in the world for everyone, but for me - every single pound is a milestone.

I started my journey in 2008. I had been in an emotionally and physically abusive relationship for 3 years - and finally left him. And left the "me" he had helped to create with him. At my worst - I weighed in at 302.7 pounds. Since 2008 - I have lost almost 100 pounds. I am currently sitting at 221.8 pounds. I have gotten to the under 200 mark once, but for as many excuses as I can think of, I put the weight back on.

In the process of my journey, I have met the love of my life, and his two amazing children. Those three people have really inspired me to take control of my life, and my weight again (for all the reasons I have listed in my profile, if you'd like to drop by). But going home to my family and saying "Hey guys, guess what?!?! I lost 1.7 pounds this week!!!" - Well, lets just say, they are not as excited as I am.

So if you would like to support me, please request me as a friend. I am more than willing to return the favor. Thanks so much, and good luck on your own journey!!!

Replies

• Awww, I really wanted to hear a joke! Haha not really. I am glad you lost so much weight and got out of that bad relationship. And finding someone who really loves you, so you are on the right path for sure! I joined a week ago and haven't lost anything, but have been tracking calories on MFP and working out at the gym every day, so I feel like it will happen soon. I know I feel great, that is keeping me motivated. Let's support each other.
  • I just joined this program and I think the support is very important. but you did great loosing your weight. I currently weigh 270 and my goal is 200, just to get started. I think your biggest motivation is your new family which is great! but you definitly have my support! What else did you do besides taking out your old trash?
  • If you are going to the gym and working out, thats is really good It will happen just do Not give up!
  • Well done you for getting out of that bad relationship and for doing so well on your own :-) Add me as a friend if you want, I need all the support I can get and I will try and support you all I can too x
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome Rebecca!!
  • i'll take your addz, you sound determined! g4u!
  • sadiecara
    sadiecara Posts: 59 Member
    Well done in your loss so far... Feel free to add me x
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Welcome! And good for you - you are definitely on the right path! :wink:
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Welcome..though a joke could have been good :P Keep it up, girl..you sound like success is THE option!
  • well done you can add me aswell x x
  • Congratulations on your success and keep up the good work! Please add me as your friend, I need people like you to keep me motivated. :flowerforyou:
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    You are doing great! So happy for your new life! Add me as a friend:flowerforyou:
  • golope
    golope Posts: 54
    Wow! You have an amazing story and a very similar journey to my own. I have been here for a while and I only have 1 friend, so feel free to add me! I would LOVE to have some more supportive friends to help motivate me and hopefully I can motivate them as well. My most recent starting weight (I've started and stopped and regained and started again more times than I can count) was 188. I'm currently at 181 and I just started doing the Insanity DVD's. They are killing me; however, if I survive I'm sure I will be much healthier! :) I'm also watching what I eat and sticking to around 1200 calories/day.

Good luck to you!
  • Ms_Cindyrella
    Ms_Cindyrella Posts: 61 Member
    I like the sound of your determination... you will succeed by sticking to your goals.

Its wonderful to read that things are better for you.

You have my support, I am rooting for you all the way!

Cindy
  • Awesome job loosing weight. Glad to hear you got out of a bad relationship and found true love.. I walked out of a bad relationship and ended up with my beautiful son so I found a different type of love. One day, I am sure I will be ready to look at men again but for now it is just the two of us. He loves me more than any man I have ever known and sometimes I am convinced no one else could love me that much. Feel free to add me. I am just starting and after three bad years can use some good friends and support

Laura and Caleb
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I joined awhile ago but recently started being active in this. The people here that I've met are awesome!

You have more support here than you could even imagine.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    just sent you a request
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Good luck to you Rebecca.
  • Bjfavara
    Bjfavara Posts: 22 Member
    Good for you! You're very brave in more ways than one. Add me as a friend if you like. I've been on MFP for weeks now and have not made one friend yet but sure could use one like you who is so determined and energized. Yay! on the weight loss! A loss is a loss... :flowerforyou: