Lemon protein bars (no bake) 27g protein per bar.

Options
13»

Replies

• Tmvirgo
    Tmvirgo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi---so I tried these and wonder what I am doing wrong! It tastes good, but the consistency is like a thawing ice cream cake...not what I imagined after seeing your photo. I left it in the freezer for a few hours and then once it is moved to the fridge and begins to thaw it begins to melt again. Is this right? Still tasty though, which I appreciated! :)
  • ashleycarder24
    Options
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Hi---so I tried these and wonder what I am doing wrong! It tastes good, but the consistency is like a thawing ice cream cake...not what I imagined after seeing your photo. I left it in the freezer for a few hours and then once it is moved to the fridge and begins to thaw it begins to melt again. Is this right? Still tasty though, which I appreciated! :)

It's a bit of a balance between the frozen bit & thawing bit. I kept mine in the freezer & then would put in the fridge a few hours before I wanted to eat them. That worked best for me.
  • lucysalerno
    Options
    These sound really good! I can't wait to try them! Thanks!
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    im soo making these today :)
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Got to try them
  • camrecordplay
    Options
    At risk of sounding like a fool. What do protein bars do? Is it muscle rehabilitation after exercise or...? Could you get the same benefits from your regular diet.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    protein bars assist you in reaching your desired protein goals. As most people typically are under the recommended amounts for hard exercising individuals things like these are great to fit into your diet. Basically if you have 2000cals to use up & you're aiming for 120g of protein per day, you could have a regular fruit bar or something & use up 150cals & get SFA protein & about 30g of carbs. If you were to replace that fruit bar with a protein bar you get 27g of protein & only require 90ish to meet your goal for the day.

As well as that it's a good way to mix up your diet instead of just getting protein from the regular sources like meat, dairy etc.

Hope that explains it :)

But yeah, there is no magic in these bars unfortunately :tongue:
  • WillowLeaves
    Options
    This looks delicious!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    They look good. My personal trainer makes the best apricot, almond & vanilla protein bars but she won't give me the recipe! I've tried to imitate them but they just aren't the same.
  • rouleaux
    Options
    bump
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Mmmm must try these!
  • Limedistraction
    Options
    bump
  • kristarablue
    Options
    bump
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yum! I love lemon desserts / snacks this time of year.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have to try these!
    :)
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump! These sounds so yummy!!
  • Jlwebb07
    Jlwebb07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options