WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Im having a hard time wanting to drink my water today ;0( I Have already had 2 pop and its only noon ;-((((((((((((((

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    No one can force you but I would drink the water and get rid of the pop. It will take willpower but if you need and want to lose you need to stop. Sugar cravings are an addiction and you will need to go through withdraw like any drug.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard. Believe me I know I always have said that I HATE the taste of water and would stick to soda and sweet tea. HORRIBLE health-wise and look at those calories and sugar of those beverages as you are logging them in! It is Way worth it to cut out soda completely. You feel better cutting it out. If I have one soda I want more than one. It's addicting. It's hard at first and is still hard for me sometimes but I have stuck with it. And if you start out drinking the water that you need all day then you shouldn't be thirst for anything else. I have seen someone on here say she drinks a soda at the end of the day as her treat after all her water intake is met. You have to think is it worth it?
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    No one can force you but I would drink the water and get rid of the pop. It will take willpower but if you need and want to lose you need to stop. Sugar cravings are an addiction and you will need to go through withdraw like any drug.

Agreed!
  • wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A drink of tea, especially herbal is water too. Your body does eventually get used to it, and you stop needing the loo every 5 minutes.
  • AFisanick
    Options
    I am the same way. I am sitting here choking down my second glass of the day. But I have noticed in the past the more I drink I will actually start to CRAVE water. Pop will taste way to sweet and nasty to you. With anything it just takes time...

Good luck!
  • gingerball
    Options
    I just finished 20 oz. . My goal is 80 oz today. I've had a hard time making myself drink the water because I am a dt coke girl. But since I've been setting goals it is a little easier and I tell myself one the water is gone I can treat myself to a dt coke..lol
  • CathLeenyLeen
    CathLeenyLeen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My new obsession is drinking water with some fresh citrus fruit squeezed in it. It's refreshing and livens up my water a bit so I actually want to drink it.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Do you think flavored water would help? There was a lovely post not too long ago with yummy water recipes (water recipes... that sounds a bit odd :p)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/436760-not-your-average-glass-of-water?error_user_id=11204312&error_username=mandasimba&hl=not+your+average+water
  • daniellerp
    Options
    Great idea!!!! Thank You!
  • daniellerp
    Options
    sometimes I put my water in a cup with a straw (like the reusable ones you can buy at Target) It makes it easier to sip away. :)
  • mommaknuth
    Options
    Try to frequently drink a small juice glass size full. I try to do this each time I walk through my kitchen. Do your best to get rid of the soda. La Croix can be a good treat. I love the coconut flavor.- I'm a former Dcoke girl myself, so I know where your at.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    At this point it seems to be habit more than anything else. Once you switch to water completely, your body will get used to it and even come to crave it.
  • ChickenTuna
    ChickenTuna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cokes are an addiction and like any other addiction you have to ween yourself off. I broke the coke habit by diluting it with water until I did not want it anymore. Also I found that making water more appealing by adding lemon or crystal lite also helps me drink more.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's nearly noon here too and I haven't had any plain water, but then I rarely drink plain water until the eveing when I workout. Is the pop diet? If so, then don't sweat it. It's not the healthiest drink available, but if it keeps you from eating or drinking something with calories, then do what you need to do.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options

This is good advice. Get rid of the pop. Drinking plenty of water will help make you feel more energized plus help with sweet cravings. Most of the time when you think you're hungry, you are actually thirsty.
    A little tip...if you don't like water, get a cup with a straw, it helps get it down, or, drink your water from a pretty wine glass to help make it special...

Drink, drink, drink...and be merry because of it. :drinker:
  • amiller1984
    Options
    water is my hardest thing also I hate the taste of water so I put a little flavor in it like crystal light or propel and it helps me get it down!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you don't like water, don't drink water. The ONLY advantage water has over anything else you can drink is the fact that it's 0 calories. Other than that, soda, juice, tea, coffee, all hydrate you just fine.
  • Kelico528
    Options
    It's tough to drink enough! Make a conscious effort to bring it with you EVERYWHERE you go. I have a reusable 32 ounce water bottle that I fill in the morning & make a point to drink it all by noon. I fill it up again at noon & drink it all by the time I leave work at 4:30. This way I've already had 64 ounces by the time I leave work! I literally set 2 mini-goals each day for water consumption. If you look at it this way, it's easier to stick to!

Also, i treat myself to one can of diet dr. pepper daily :-)
  • MsFat2Fit
    Options
    plain water with some fresh mint & lime...:smile:
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My new obsession is drinking water with some fresh citrus fruit squeezed in it. It's refreshing and livens up my water a bit so I actually want to drink it.

Water with lemon is so good!