Food Diary - Private or Public?

Options

Replies

• MayaNelson
    Options
    When I started it was private. Then I set it to Public. The first few comments regarding what I had eaten were truely, bluntly, negative. I thought about putting it back to private - but then I realized that part of my issue is eating in private. I decided I needed to have as many eyes on my eating habits as possible. I'm out there!
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Mines public, I ask a lot of questions and if ppl want or need to know what I eat to answer them, I might as well share. its not top secret info Lol

I'm the same way... it holds me accountable for what I'm eating, and maybe my healthy choices will inspire someone else to eat better! I like seeing what others are eating, gives me ideas to try new things :smile:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Mine is Public. I find it inspiring to see other peoples diary's gives me lots of ideas about my own eating habits both good or bad. Don't usually comment though just take it all in after all we are all striving to eat more healthily and goodness knows my food choices are not particularly good. So if someone can learn from my mistakes or from my success then that is all good.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely open. I have some people that have given me some really good advice, especially when I was plateauing. I want my friends to be able to see it and get some healthy suggestions as well. I look at all of my friends diaries and have come away all the smarter about my food choices because of it.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Private don't want to be judged. I judge myself enough for everyone LOL.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Started private and recorded everything I put in my mouth - switched to friends being able to view about 5 months in - started being afraid to really record things accurately because of what some people would say - so switched back to private. It's what works for me. For some people - the fear of what people will say helps them eat better... my personality just isn't that way. I am a bit rebellious and contrary at times. (Maturity is overrated.) So - if keeping it private keeps me honest - that's how it will stay.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to friends only. I don't feel that anyone who isn't my friend doesn't need to see it anyway. :) And if people want to see it, it means that they need to add me so I know who is looking at my food diary and so I can get to know them.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I think mine is open to friends.
  • baileybowman
    baileybowman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to Friends Only. I don't think I have a real reason why, I just dont want everything public? Haha. Probably the same reason that my Facebook is private to non-friends, ya know? I'm not worried about what I eat, but if you want to know, friend me! I don't have anything to hide! :)
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Eh, mine's public. So is my profile. I don't mind who sees it... keeps me accountable!
  • tkorthanke
    tkorthanke Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Open to the public. Helps keep me accountable on my daily goals.
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had mine set to friends only.. then I set it to private. I'm a sahm with a budget. I can't afford to buy everything healthy all the time so when food starts to run out and I'm in a bind.. I eat some of the bad things.. I don't want to be ridiculed for the fact that I'm doing my best with what I have.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Mine is set on Friends only. I have mine this way because I only want the people who are there to support me to see it. If someone wants to see mine...then they can add me =) I think that when its completely private it's hiding something. Makes me think people are lying to themselves about what they are eating and don't want anyone to see.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I had mine set to friends only.. then I set it to private. I'm a sahm with a budget. I can't afford to buy everything healthy all the time so when food starts to run out and I'm in a bind.. I eat some of the bad things.. I don't want to be ridiculed for the fact that I'm doing my best with what I have.

I can understand where you are coming from...but if you have friends that ridicule you for what your eating...maybe its time to let them go =) You only need positive people in your life.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Mine is friends only. My friends know my goals and are better equipped to help me and keep me accountable than people who don't understand my situation.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mine is for friends only with a password, because I am doing a weightloss program and working out lots, and people kept telling me I was being stupid for working out lots and not eating my exercise calories, but my program doesn't allow it. I was sick of it.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to "Friends Only" - I don't mind them looking at my diary. I enjoy looking at my friend's diaries at times to get different ideas on other food options. I don't have it set to public - never gave it a thought but really don't want everyone having access to it. Each of us is on here for a different reason and I don't want someone with a different point of view criticizing my diary - I don't like negativity or constructive criticism if its not asked for.
  • tplcook1
    Options
    I have mine set to friends only. I don't mind my friends seeing what I eat. It actually makes me think twice sometimes about eating something I shouldn't...but other times, I don't care.:) If I wanna eat a 800 calorie steak and cheese, I will..:) So it works for me.
  • punkin79314
    Options
    Mine is friends only!
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. My eating may not be what others consider right ...but it is better than it has ever been and I can still get good meals ..and have my snacks. For me this life style change is about moderation...anddddd still enjoying the foods that I have always loved...just with control