Zero support at home!

Options
I get more support from my 8 yr old than I do from my husband. He doesn't want to be bothered with my food choices or my calorie count or my excercise goals. It irritates him if I bring it up which leaves me feeling completely on my own. I want to lose 20lbs. I want to run a half marathon in October. He doesn't care. It sucks and it hurts which makes it harder to care myself. I'm sticking through and remind myself these are my goals, not his. It would be so nice to feel some kind of support from him.

Replies

• anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, but you can't make your SO do it, if they don't feel it. If it helps at all, you DO have support - we're here for ya! :flowerforyou:
  • orionling
    orionling Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the ones we love aren't our biggest cheerleaders. Maybe he thinks you look perfectly fine just the way you are. That could explain why he isn't interested in your eating and exercise goals. If that's the case...awesome. He loves you for who you are and not what you look like. But that still doesn't solve the problem of not getting the support you need. I think that if you're looking for a push or an "atta girl, nice job!", you should look to your friends on this site who are on this journey also. I understand what you're going through. My husband isn't much help either, but I keep telling myself that I'm doing this for ME not HIM. I'll send you a friend request.
  • MissJenn33
    Options
    Thanks Thanks!!! I'd understand a little more if he actually SAID he was fine with how I look now but little comments like "Are those jeans tight enough?" don't help in that area. That's why i'm here though. If he doesn't know how to be supportive then I'll find a healthy way to get the back up I'm looking for. :)

I lost 4lbs my 1st week (before I started tracking my efforts on here) and 1 lb last week. I'm on the right path and that's what matters.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged because he isn't interested. You are, and that's what matters. When you reach your goals you will be so proud of yourself you wont need his interest. So stick with it and reap the rewards! We are here to encourage you. Feel free to add me as a friend.