19 yo college student ready to never look back!

Options
hi all! my name is chelsea, i'm a 19 yo college sophomore and i really need some encouragement. large since 2nd grade and a guinea pig for fad diets by my pediatrician. fun, right? now, i'm at my heaviest and busy busy busy, and then some. we have a gym on campus that is included in tuition but poor campus food options, although we do have subway. i portray confidence because my 48 girls in the dorm look up to me, but its hard to have always been the bigger friend with the personality. i'm needing so major encouragement and i feel like keeping myself accountable on here will be a big push in the right direction! i struggle with campus food options, lack of time for the gym, well, thats my excuse, and positive friends who love me for me, even though i dont.

Replies

• dancingincircles84
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I'm in my second semester of college right now and I know what it's like to feel like there's no time for exercise!
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm a second year college student. Luckily, my room has it's own kitchen, but last year I didn't and it sucked. Just try to stick to healthier options, and try not to over eat if your food is set up buffet style. Is it open later? I never go before 7 at night, and I often to reading for class while at the gym. There were a lot of days last year I didn't even go until 9ish. It sounds like its going to suck, but I didn't find it that bad.
  • cmartin6233
    cmartin6233 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks! yeah, the food court building is going through a huge remodel so there are only a few options, including the buffet. And yes, most things are open til 11, and subway by the dorms until midnight. The reading while at the gym is brilliant! And we have a small kitchen that the whole floor shares, so for 48 women, one stove/oven/sink.
  • caseydoubleoh7
    Options
    I'm a 19 year old college student too~! I just started back up again.. it can be difficult not having your own kitchen.. but does the buffet have healthier options like fruit and salads? I try to stick to those when I go to the dining hall.
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here I hope you have a great day