A more accurate bathroom scale?

Options
2»

Replies

• nikki1anna
    Options
    I can tell you one to not get, I have a taylor scale it measures by the .5. When I first got it, I was like okay cool on sale 15 bucks, instead of getting a reliable scale.... stupid me =( it works horribly and in the morning I can weight anywhere from 154-156.5 lol all in 2 minutes, however, it is pretty accurate for my husband and daughter so perhaps it has a preference..lol
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I got a metal Taylor scale, and as long as it's on a flat surface with no bumps, it reads accurately and doesn't move around. It's always been consistent with me, but I always weigh first thing in the morning, and I sit it in the same exact place every time I weigh.

ETA: It measures by .2 increments which is supposed to be more accurate or something, and it was about $35, I believe. It has a lithium battery instead of standard batteries.
  • Jackdog89
    Jackdog89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a good one too..... would love to get one that measures body fat % but not sure on wether they really work or not, have heard both ways...

They do work, they just aren't very accurate. I think something like ± 6%, because how hydrated you are will affect the measurement.

I have one that measures body fat and I never look at that reading. =)
  • jaylweb
    jaylweb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use a digital glass WW scale and it works just fine.

I agree. The model that I purchased last year (early 2011) works perfectly! I have had several scales that would give inaccurate readings, even if on the same spot on the floor. I gave the WW scale (made by Conair) a chance and haven't regretted it yet!!

Online at Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watchers-WW78-Conair-Chrome/dp/B002N5N336/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I purchased mine at Bed Bath and Beyond.
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16900427

This also measures BMI, Fat %, water weight, bone weight, etc. You can have 2 different users setup on it. I highly recommend it.
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a HealthOMeter scale i bought at Walmart for about $38. it does body fat, BMI, water %. saves progress for up to 4 users. It measures very consistent for me. it's got 4 buttons down the center for the users. and its grey and silver. Hope this helps
  • Happiness29
    Options
    I have the same problem. I actually have 2 scales. one that is the cheapo white ones from Walmart and another little more pricey one that is digital. I always found that they both give off different readings even if i just stepped off and on again :/ I have also read that no scale is ever completly accurate no matter the brand or price...
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mmmartin33
    mmmartin33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It seems that big $ big name doesn't mean better here either. We bought the Sharper Image and after 6 months it was reading 5-6 lbs less than my doctor and personal trainer scales. Not cool! Talk about a slap in the face. We then bought a Taylor at Walmart for $30 (big difference from the $150 Sharper Image). Here's the link at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-7405-Accented-Lithium-Readout/dp/B001NPD4WW/ref=tag_stp_s2f_edpp_bathro14le. For the past 10 months it has been consistent - even when I lost 10 lbs and couldn't believe it so I got on and off 5 times. It was completely consistent. And whether my 370+ lbs husband or my 180 lbs daughter are using it, it remains accurate and consistent. Taylor has many models including those that measure BMI and Body fat. It's a great deal for the price.

And yes - you should ALWAYS have a scale on a solid and level platform. Put plywood under it if you have to. Happy losing!
  • jaylweb
    jaylweb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of problem with Taylor scales. The only Taylor scale that I trust is my food scale. :tongue:
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    good that I'm not alone!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have the Eatsmart one. I love it. If you have a digital don't forget you have to calibrate it every time you move it; ie, you move it. Step on it and immediately step off it. Once it goes off completely THEN get on and weigh yourself. I'm a pro, ya see LOL ☺