Body pump dvd

Options
I have tried searching both online and here but to no avail. Is there a body pump dvd available for normal people to buy i.e. Not instructors? If not is there another dvd that offers the same sorts of benefits? I have never been to a body pump class so have no idea What it is like but am hearing good things. The trouble is most classes want you to pay for a monthly membership which i just cannot afford at the moment. I think I have found one place but it is a little far away. So would like to have a dvd alternative instead.

Replies

• mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    What's a body pump?
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    What's a body pump?

Maybe its like an air pump thingy or something, but for the body.
  • Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What's a body pump?
    It's a workout routine that, unfortunately, only instructors can get. You have to be certified in Body Pump to get it. I teach a version of it and Body Solid.. The difference for me is, I can use parts of it WITHOUT being certified in either of them.
    Are you wanting to know something specific?
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    Body pump is an exercise class that combines cardio and strength training. It is all choreographed too. Can I just say I am from the UK so not all dvds are available over here in region 2. I have a multi.region dvd player but it is in the bedroom where there is not the space to exercise.
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    So bikerlady do you know of any dvds that are similar to it?
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    What's a body pump?
    It's a workout routine that, unfortunately, only instructors can get. You have to be certified in Body Pump to get it. I teach a version of it and Body Solid.. The difference for me is, I can use parts of it WITHOUT being certified in either of them.
    Are you wanting to know something specific?

No that's fine just never heard of it...thanks!
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    It's coming. Body Pump has joined with Beachbody (P90X, Insanity) and they're working on a home video version. Feel free to shoot me a friend request. I'll send you some info as I get it on release dates and details :)
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The DVDs they use to train the instructors are on torrent sites and also downloadable on some foreign "YouTube" style services, like VYouKu (if you're into that sort of illegal naughtiness).

Nothing illegal about just watching them though - type in "Body Pump" in Google (under videos) and you'll find them, amongst the shorter clips etc.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear Les Mills have linked up with BeachBody. I've always thought they missed a trick by not releasing their classes on DVD. Admittedly, they don't want to eat into the attendance of their classes, but if they took advantage of the marketing "long tail" they could do more specific releases that wouldn't eat into gym attendance.

For example, if they did a Body Pump or RPM workout that was purely hardcore metal or big beat dance, then I'm sure their classes would virtually empty overnight with just a couple of people left, who loved it. But if they released such things as DVDs there'd be enough people worldwide who would like it, to make it worth releasing without affecting class attendance.

I like a lot of the Les Mills programs, but the endless Katy Perry and Ke$ha is possibly the only downside. I know those RPMs where they have the Prodicy or Pendulum are some of my favourites - I'd LOVE a whole workout like that!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    While you are waiting for the home DVD try the 30 day Shred or Ripped in 30 (Jillian Michaels), or PX90... that cardio/strength combo is typically referred to as circuit training (to my knowledge) and that is what the aforementioned things are.
  • azjade1214
    Options
    Les Mills BodyPump is a great workout --that uses the best exercises that science says will strengthen and tone you safely and effectively-- found in many gyms around the country. I encourage you to take one -- and you will be addicted and see results in three classes -- provided you follow the instructor's guidance for weight selection. While there is a home version on the way in the US, the weights included will not be as heavy as the gym version. Besides, the benefits of group fitness are real -- you'll have more fun, lift heavier, stick with it longer and meet a lot of new friends. Look on their website, http://www.lesmills.com, for a class near you. And, yes, I'm a BodyPump instructor. #strongisthenewsexy
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    I have found one I can go to where I think I can pay as you go. I am waiting for them to get back to me. It is at a ymca. I never even knew they has gyms etc in. As I say though it is a little far away and until I get my new car the petrol would be too much as my current car Glugs petrol!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Body Pump is one of my favourite classes at the gym - but it would be difficult to do at home without lots of weights.

Each track focusses on a particular muscle group, and uses a barbell with different weights. For instance, during the squat track you'll be lifting the heaviest weights (2 oranges each side for me, that's 20kg total weight), while for smaller muscles like biceps and triceps I'll only have 5kg total on the bar.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It's coming. Body Pump has joined with Beachbody (P90X, Insanity) and they're working on a home video version. Feel free to shoot me a friend request. I'll send you some info as I get it on release dates and details :)

LOL...I knew you would get some replies of this nature from coaches who would want you to buy it from them.

Body Pump is one of my favorite Les Mills classes at the gym. I'd be interested in seeing what it's like in video format, but I will probably just go to the class at the gym since the video would get stale after a while. The class changes from time to time.
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    Ah ha I have just found out my Zumba instructor does a body pump class at a local centre and I can pay as you go! Woo going to try that next week.
  • angetangie
    Options
    Hi there!
    This is my first day as a mf-pal. I was looking for a calorie equivalent for pump and saw this thread.
    Just a note on this subject. When we lived in TX I attended body pump and loved my instructor!! Now that we live in VA we're about 25 minutes away from the nearest gym that offers pump, so I was really excited to have a chance to order Les Mills pump on video through beachbody. It allows me to exercise here at home with awesome coaches while my baby is napping, thus saving gas and a good hour a day travel time. It came with quite a few different work outs (I was worried about boredom setting in, too!) and the package I got has an awesome nutrition book that I'm pairing with myfitnesspal. It has been a while since I attended the classes (prebaby) which was one reason I was glad to see an intro to how to safely do the exercises and a phase based ramp up to a 'real' class. So far I'm a fan!
    (and, just my opinion here, I don't think it is bad that a coach would give that info... I'm guessing that they are wanting to be helpful as much as anyone else. Everyone has something that works for them, right?)
    Happy Strength Building!!:smile: