calories burned doing zumba

Options
hi does anyone know how many calories are buned for zumba i cant find it in the database am going tonight for first time and if anyone knows be a great help..thanks in advance:bigsmile:

Replies

• continue29
    Options
    well it will differ from person to person.. depending on your fitness, how much you put in etc...

According to my HRM, i burn between 500-600 for a 60 minute class

Hope that helps :)
  • w3lchi
    w3lchi Posts: 16
    Options
    When I log it I do it as dance, ballroom, fast
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I use this website!

Scroll down and you will choose the intensity, and minutes and it gives you approx calories burned.

http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • kelgwin36
    kelgwin36 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You can go to zumbacalories.com and put in your weight, time and intensity and it will give you an approximation.

I think sometimes the estimate is a little high, so I tend to put in less calories then what it says just to be safe.

Getting a HRM is the best way to know what your individual burn is since everyone is different (I have asked for one for Valentine's Day :smile: )

Have fun, and don't get discouraged if you have trouble keeping up, when you first start it can be a bit fast...
  • Jplante312
    Jplante312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I enter it as dance intermediate and the time I did. I put intermediate b/c that's the level I do on the Wii.
  • Npieces
    Npieces Posts: 24
    Options
    I used the zumba calorie calc. Leah posted too. I have been doing it for a few months and LOVE IT!! Just add it as your exercise so it is programmed in since fitness pal doesn't have thier own.