Hello from Colombia

Options
Hello all

Just discovered this page, I am a British missionary in Colombia working with children at risk, but coming back to the UK in the summer so want to loose 8kg before then. Not easy as don't have control over my food as I live in the charity and lunch at least is cooked for me! so the recipe function is great for me! breakfast and evening meal (small meal here lunch is main meal) come out of communal food bought so again not much control :ohwell: hence why I have put on weight here. But on the upside I have joined a gym :smile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • DC0hen
    DC0hen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Go Colombia! Which part?

That is a great thing you are doing there.

While I was there I lost like 5 pounds just between walking everywhere and the diet there is so different.
  • petrat76
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome

I live in Cartagena, and yes the diet is different, lots of rice, and their fascination with fried foods puts Scotland to shame!! despite working with kids my work is quite stationary, office, admin etc! mon-fri 8-5pm! so not as much exercise as you got when you were here!

Where did you visit?
  • DC0hen
    DC0hen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was in the outskirts of Medellin.

Fried foods is a big staple there, however how can you say no to Bunuelos or Pan de Bono.