ideal first date

Options
whats your ideal first date

Replies

• PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    With someone I met online? Meeting at a quiet bar for a drink. Then if you don't like each other you aren't stuck together for a whole long meal.

Does that sound cynical? LOL I guess it kind of does. But I've had a lot of first dates the last few months that were disappointing.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    One with a lady and doesn`t end with a door slamming in my face. :ohwell:
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    One with a lady and doesn`t end with a door slamming in my face. :ohwell:

Ouch
  • rainedays86
    rainedays86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Something adventurous or educational! Planetarium or maybe trying zip lining! I definately HATE the traditional idea of a first date, dinner and a movie. Or dinner and drinks. I want to see a person having fun!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Well, one that ends with a second date planned.

But aside from that, the best first date I've had was to a book store. We were able to walk together, talk about each other, use books as conversation bridges (hint: avoid the computer section unless you share that interest). If nothing else, you are able to learn a lot from your date. And if it is going well, dinner or drinks are a natural part two.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Cheesy answer: Doesnt matter what you do as long as the chemistry would be there..... you could be anywhere doing anything and it could be ideal!

Male pig answer: she gets naked early and/or buys first round... either way its a win/win!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Something with a "defined" duration. If you don't like each other, or worse can't converse easily, then there is nothing as bad as being stuck for hours on end. Lunch, brunch, cup of coffee or an after work drink come to mind. No movies, no dinner (unless you have been talking a lot already), or anything that supposed to last more than 45 to an hour. Also, should meet somewhere so that there is no awkward car ride and drop off. Of course, I never have to worry about those things - ha ha.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    After watching several seasons of the Bachelor, my ideal first date would involve 25 women and a cocktail party. And at the end of the date, wifey does NOT kill me or change the locks!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Kind of depends on how I met the person. I've done the dinner and drinks thing. It's okay and can have good conversation but it can also be kinda nerve wracking. I think one of the best I've had so far was one where the guy and I and a group of friends all went out shooting. There were enough people around so the conversation stayed steady and we were all doing something we enjoyed so everybody was relaxed.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Well, one that ends with a second date planned.

But aside from that, the best first date I've had was to a book store. We were able to walk together, talk about each other, use books as conversation bridges (hint: avoid the computer section unless you share that interest). If nothing else, you are able to learn a lot from your date. And if it is going well, dinner or drinks are a natural part two.

I like the bookstore idea!

Movies aren't good first dates, IMO. And there are some movies that work well for dates...but NOT NOT NOT Passion of the Christ! DH and I went to see it I think on our 2nd date. We came out of the theater a bit weirded out by how intense it was, given how well we DIDN'T know eachother yet...
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would love to go out to dinner, but not just any dinner. Opaque(Dining in the Dark). In a room that is pitch black where relying on your other senses to make a connection seems like fun to me!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Male pig answer: she gets naked early and/or buys first round... either way its a win/win!! :drinker: :drinker:

I know I should be offended but it made me LOL

Ideal first date is one where I do not feel like a piece of meat
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My ideal first date is something fun that gets your adrenaline up (really fast go carts, zip lining, anything sports related). My favorite first date was riding jet skis at the lake, he is now my husband!
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ideal date? One where we can have fun, talk & get to know eachother, but isn't an extended period of time, just in case you (or he) decides that this isn't a match made in heaven. Coffee, bowling, mini golf - something non-traditional.

I had a really good date last week - went bowling (where I won all 5 games) and then he took me out to dinner. I have seen him 2 more times since, and it's looking like things are going in the right direction.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Something with a "defined" duration. If you don't like each other, or worse can't converse easily, then there is nothing as bad as being stuck for hours on end. Lunch, brunch, cup of coffee or an after work drink come to mind. No movies, no dinner (unless you have been talking a lot already), or anything that supposed to last more than 45 to an hour. Also, should meet somewhere so that there is no awkward car ride and drop off. Of course, I never have to worry about those things - ha ha.

^^^^
  • PedmomJill
    Options

I know I should be offended but it made me LOL

I LMAO at that one, too. :happy:
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    The first date I had last weekend. Walking and talking for most of the day in the mountains of East Tennessee...Very refreshing first date.