How long did it take you to lose 50 pounds?

Options
jmorrisof2
jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
I wanted to know once you really focused on losing weight - eating right and exercising, how long did it take you to lose 50 pounds? I have been at this it seems like forever, but was never consistant. I just started being consistant in Jan - meaning tracking my calories and exercising most days of the week. I have about 50 more pounds I want to lose and was just curious what your experiences are. Thanks!

Replies

• COMPTON6
    Options
    I WOULD SAY ANYWHERE FROM 4 TO 5 MONTHS DEPENDING HOW GOOD YOU ARE...IM IN THE SAME BOAT TRYING TO LOSE 50 BY SOMETIME IN THE SUMMER.....
  • jmorrisof2
    Options
    Thanks for your help!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If you can lose consistently I'd say 5-7 months. The problem is sometimes weight loss is never consistent.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'd say around 5-6 months is a safe bet - faster if you were really working at it, but you run the risk of rebounding harshly if you try to drop it super-fast at the expense of healthy eating.

I lost just about 50 over the course of six months by walking every other day, eating reasonably well, and breastfeeding. And when I was 19 I lost about 40 in four months by going to a university where I had to walk miles every day to get between classes, dorm and cafeteria.
  • jmorrisof2
    Options
    Ok. Yeah, I go to Curves and do the circuit training 5-6 days a week and I walk for approx 45 min most nights of the week. I am currently eating back my exercise calories, too.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 7 months. However I have a lot of hormonal issues that play a big part in how fast (or slow) I lose weight. I started in June and a couple of weeks ago hit the 50lb mark. :)
  • jmorrisof2
    Options
    Congrats on your success! This motivates me to know that I can get it done. The hard part is not giving in to too many cravings! I have been doing good. I try to allow myself some of the things I like but I just make sure to exercise. It seems to be working.
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    It took me 4 months. I put a few back on during the holidays though. :ohwell:
  • jmorrisof2
    Options
    Wow! Thanks. You must have been working really hard. See the thing is I want to be able to enjoy some of the things I like and not feel like I am deprived. That is why I like MFP because it shows you net calories and if you exercise you can eat a little more.
  • jrrflr
    jrrflr Posts: 109
    Options
    It took me from January 2 to March 22 of the same year. Roughly 4.5 pounds per week on average. Biggest week during that time was the first week (15.2 pounds) and the lowest week was the 10th week (0.2 pounds).
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Wow! Thanks. You must have been working really hard. See the thing is I want to be able to enjoy some of the things I like and not feel like I am deprived. That is why I like MFP because it shows you net calories and if you exercise you can eat a little more.

I eat anywhere from 1200-1500 calories on rest days to 2500-3000 calories on days I work out. Definitely work hard, and definitely not deprived. :)
  • jmorrisof2
    Options
    That is what I am learning to do - eating less on days I don't get any extra exercise in and eating more on the days I do. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!