ALLI

Options
biscuit71
biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
Is anyone tried Alli? I was wondering how well it works. Thinking for starting it today to help speed things up. :happy:

Replies

• biscuit71
    Options
    excuse my typo please. :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Is anyone tried Alli? I was wondering how well it works. Thinking for starting it today to help speed things up. :happy:

Be near a bathroom, and watch your fat intake. Or you are in for an explosive surprise. :-D
  • biscuit71
    Options
    Yep. That's what I read. That's what making think twice about it. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. :happy:
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I knew a guy who went on this kind of product. It wasn't Alli... I forget the brand but it was the same kind of thing, a fat-blocker. His advice was to own lots of brown pants. "Gas with oily discharge"... very nice.

It's probably easier in the long run (and with less socially-awkward situations) to just cut down on fatty foods in the first place.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You will be Sh*tting yourself in about 2 days. Worst product ever. Unless you carry a toilet around with you. Because if you are more than 4 feet from a bowl, you will be tossing out alot of underwear.
  • tlayson
    tlayson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    They list it as a possible side effect but 100% of people have the same "side effect". You'll be buying lots of toilet paper and new panties regularly. I used it last year and it worked but I had to make sure I didn't fart. It used to be called Xenical when it was prescription, they rebranded it when it went OTC. I've lost just as much without it! I think the good thing (and the reason you loose faster) is that the drug makes you really think about the fatty foods you put into your body.
  • bee1248
    bee1248 Posts: 27
    Options
    i tried that last year, and though the side effects were daunting i did it for about a week. none of the scary poop things happened to me but i threw up like everything i ate and thats probably why. That stupid pill made me sicker than a dog. STAY AWAY!!
  • corymink
    corymink Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a short stint and everything that was previously said in posts is nuts on! I'm glad you asked the question and got all of the replies. i was thinking that it was just a fluke and I was thinking of trying it again. It was aweful. Yikes!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    "Anal seepage".
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    It used to be called Xenical when it was prescription, they rebranded it when it went OTC.

That was it. Thanks.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Like I said earlier, gave me horrible stomach issues and frequent bathroom trips. Didn't ruin any underwear though! Sure wanted to shower after a few trips to the bathroom though.
  • biscuit71
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your comments and for being brutally honest. After much consideration, I think I'll go about this the old fashioned way. Patience is a virtue, they say.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!