more than 100lbs +++ to lose?

Options
Hi, I am new here! So far this website has been awesome! I'm looking forward to my first full week to be able to weigh in!! I was wondering if there is anyone out there with alot of weight to lose? I need to lose 216 to reach my goal. Im starting out at 371. The most I ever weighed is 395. I would like to get down to 155lbs. I can't believe I let myself go like this :cry: I have a sedentary job, and its so much easier to flop on the couch instead of excercising when I get home, over the years the pounds just crept up...and here I am. My turning point was getting picked on by some kids when I was working out in my yard. I was out there trying to get excercise , feeling good about myself for accomplishing what I was doing, and some meanies came by and made some derogatory comments:embarassed: ....Part of me never wants to go outside again, but a bigger part of me doesnt want them to hold me back! I have spent the last month really getting geared up to lose, and I know I am finally ready!! I am hoping thru this website to make friends and find inspiration from you all. I've read alot of posts today, it's nice to know I am not alone in this struggle!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    Options
    I wish good luck, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I know how you feel, I have a lot of weight to lose myself, WE can do this :bigsmile: Don't worry about those kids, kids can be the cruelest people in the world. Let's do this together!
  • SchnookyGirl
    Options
    Hi Chubsternomore! You are not alone. You and I are in the same boat. I also weigh 370 and want to get down under 200. I don't like mean people and I'm sorry you had to listen to comments when you were trying to be active. Don't let it get you down - just remember that mean people suck and you are doing the right thing!

Thanks for posting this - it would be great to hear from others who are in the same situation. :happy:
  • bbartosch
    bbartosch Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Chubsternomore! You are most definitely not alone--I'm at around 220 and hoping to get down to 130, so that's almost 100 pounds. We can do this together--it will be a struggle but we can do it!
  • callianna
    callianna Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm so sorry you had to deal with that immaturity and it took away from your good feelings of being out in the yard. I'm proud of you for being out there... I haven't worked in the yard in forever!

Other than that, I could have written your post myself, almost. First, I'm just starting today (though I signed up two months ago). Second, I have a lot to lose: 190 pounds. Third, I also have a sedentary job... and fourth, I can't believe I let myself go like this, either. I actually took off 100 pounds 10 years ago, which got me temporarily to my ideal weight... then, week by week, snack by snack, I gained it back plus 90 more.

So no, you are not all alone, definitely not! I bet you will get lots of responses from others who connect with what you wrote.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/54234-the-over-300-club

Go to this thread. The people on it all have a lot to lose. They are over 300 lbs or started off there. The support is incredible and there are some good ideas that people that only need to lose 10 - 20 lbs may not need.

Good luck with your weight loss. I have lost 50 lbs since Mid January with MFP and I am not going back!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I started out to lose 100 pounds and you can see how far I've come. I've actually been working at this for 4 years but did manage to lose 35 pounds since last July while using this site.

You can do this and MFP is a great place to be to lose it. Use the food and exercise diaries and watch your weight start dropping off. It's hard to ignore those comments, I know, but you keep doing what you know you need to do.

We're all here for you!:smile:
  • MelissaMarie
    Options
    Hi!!!
    First of all I would like to commend you for not letting those meanies hold u back!!!! Congrats on taking that first step!!! I myself would like to lose 50 pounds....I am about 4'11" and weigh about 168 right now....with my small body build that is not healthy at all and I too am fed up and ready to change!! I get discouraged really easily when I do not see instant results....and so far using this site to track all that I do keeps me motivated. Dont get discouraged, if you need someone to talk to I am here! I wish you the best of luck!! I think this community of wonderful people will help alot!! :flowerforyou:
  • chubsternomore
    Options
    Wow you guys! Thanks for all the responses!! You are all so kind!! I feel better already!!!! :tongue: It’s nice to know I’m not alone out there!! Calliana, as I read your post I am like woah!!!!! We are a lot alike! About 12 years ago, when I weighed about 275(and swore I’d never get any higher!!) I got on a walking kick and lost 100lbs in about 7 months. I remember the feeling of getting into my “skinny” jeans and I look at the pictures now and it makes me sick!! I got married, got comfortable, have my sit down job and to add to it Im totally an emotional eater….that’s not a good combination!!

Vicky I just saw your post, thank you for the thread I will definitely check it out :happy:
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just want to let you know this is more then possiable!! I know its hard and at times it's going to suck majorly but I was there and now I've got less then half of that to lose. I started at 333 and now after a year I'm not down to 226 ...trying to reach 155. Just don't give up and if you need any advice, info, support please don't hesitate to ask. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: I have 172 pounds to lose, I have already lost 46 of it.