IT'S TIME! =)

Options
feduh86
feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
What is that one thing ... that final straw that got you motivated enough to wanna lose weight?? As for people who are here to gain muscle ... what made you all decide that now is the time?! :smile:

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Deciding to sign up for a Warrior Dash with MFP friends.
    I don`t want to look like a flabby old man that is a joke.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I was playing touch football with the family over Thanksgiving holiday and realized that my daughter, niece and nephews were getting to be better athletes than I am. And her boyfriend clearly is. Next Thanksgiving, I take no prisoners!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I refused to buy jeans any higher in size. I just couldn't do it. I was that heavy once before, lost 100 lbs and was so sad that I had done it again. So here I am 51lbs down with about 40 to go. In 40 lbs, I will be smaller than I ever have been and I am not going to do this to myself again. Ever.

Especially since it's so much harder to lose the 2nd time around!
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm in the military. Did not want to fail the physical test and get kicked out.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I got tired of everyone telling me I was fat!
  • jheath123
    jheath123 Posts: 101
    Options
    *When I would look down and see my belly stretching out my shirt.
    *When women would feel my chest and it was like a lesbian experience for them.
    *When I started seeing results it fueled me more, this app has helped me out a lot.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I got tired of dressing like a slob for work and wearing nothing but sweats and tshirts or sweatshirts when I wasn't at work. And I was tired of my back, legs, feet hurting me.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options

LOL

When my feet were just in so much pain just from me getting up in the morning.
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1) People asking me if I was pregnant ( I carry most of my weight right up front in the tummy)
    2) My good going out clothes dont fit
    3) Seeing a pic of me at Halloween and thought OMH when did that happen
    4) Finding out I have High Blood Pressure
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Deciding to sign up for a Warrior Dash with MFP friends.
    I don`t want to look like a flabby old man that is a joke.

I'm doing a warrior dash Memorial Day weekend in Ohio
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    When I got on the scale at my doctor's office and it said 200. :< I actually went home and cried. BUT. The next day I got a gym membership and downloaded the MFP app, threw out all the crappy foods I was eating, and started changing everything!
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I can't help but laugh at that one. So how do the women like it now?
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    *When I would look down and see my belly stretching out my shirt.
    *When I started seeing results it fueled me more, this app has helped me out a lot.

Your chest looks anything but lesbian to me!!!
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    getting diagnosed with a heart condition
  • Blodnie
    Blodnie Posts: 66
    Options
    1) Pictures taken at my stepson's wedding and at Christmas this past year.. oh....my....god!
    2) Having trouble walking up long flights of stairs
    3) A slight blood pressure scare last year (went away but it put the fear of God into me!)
    4) Seatlbelts in some cars are just too tight for me, and I have trouble fitting into some restaurant booths
    5) Seeing that my cousin was able to lose 100lbs and she looks fantastic.. if she can, so can I.
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The scale hit 200 lbs
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When I got on the scale one morning and was appauled at gaining yet another pound. I told myself right then and there that I was DONE! I vowed that the scale would not move up one more calorie. That is when I kept track of what I ate and started exercising. Scale has been moving downward ever since. :happy:
  • kahlee2000
    Options
    Collapsing at work, and being taken out of the courthouse in the back of an ambulance. (Talk about embarrassing!) Which of course was followed promptly by the doctor's infamous warning of "not if but when."
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I didn't/don't like what I see in the mirror.
    I need to be a certain size for IVF, I fit the criteria now but when it comes to me going on the waiting list (assuming I need it) the criteria will have changed.
    I want a healthy, risk free pregnancy - I will already be classed as 'higher risk' due to going through fertility treatment, I don't want to add any more to it.
    I want to run a marathon to raise money for Cancer Research UK (doing the Race For Life in May - signing up next week).
    I want to look good for hubby - he still says I'm sexy but I don't feel it.
    I want to fit back into my wedding dress - never plan on wearing it again but I looked good when I wore it.
    I was told I would never be a UK size 10 again and I want to prove that person wrong.
  • ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I lost a few pounds before this happened but this is my motivation to stick with it: A horrible terrible nightmare about having a heart attack and emergency heart transplant. I'm too young to have crazy dreams like that. I don't ever want to have a heart attack or a transplant or to have to buy a larger pant size. Thanks!