A question for well endowed women

Options
Not that I am excluding chicks with smaller boobs from answering if you have a suggestion but...what are the best "support" sports bras???

Being 38DD and trying to do jumping jacks with Jillian is miserable with the ones I have now!

Replies

• scubaruby
    scubaruby Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Fiona
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Not that I am excluding chicks with smaller boobs from answering if you have a suggestion but...what are the best "support" sports bras???

Being 38DD and trying to do jumping jacks with Jillian is miserable with the ones I have now!

I can't recommend this one highly enough.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=BB-B4490&cookied=23/01/2012 202947
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 38DDD and would love to know this also! I haven't been able to find a "wire-less" sports bra in my size...even at all the specialty stores. Bumping incase someone has a miracle bra! =)
  • bunniehops
    bunniehops Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great question.. I need to know too. I am on day 6 of 30 day S and am a size 40 E. I don't know how i haven't got two black eyes yet!!! the jumping jacks are seriously dangerous right now.

Am in UK so any Uk stockists would be great.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    When I lose a little more I plan to get measured at a specialty store and really invest, but for cheap ones to tide me over until me/the girls shrink a little, I found some at Wal-Mart...they have a huge selection, surprisingly, or Jockey ones and almost every one was too small, but I finally found an XXL that fit just barely too snug and bought two of those.

I'm more like a 38DDD, so you should have some luck there.

Don't bother with Target...their sports bras are totally made for someone who wants to look cute with matching workout clothes, not for someone with actual breasts.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I've found that wireless bras are useless for me and exercise. Therefore I have to spend extra $$ on Wacoal sport bras. They're really good. I got sized at Nordstrom but only bought one pair--found more on eBay, and for much cheaper.
  • deverdad
    deverdad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BUMP....I need to know as well, I'm a 42DDD and also doing 30DS
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Duct tape seems to hold them in place.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Duct tape seems to hold them in place.
    and produces excellent cleavage...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I double bag the girls. Regular bra and sports bra. Even then too many jacks can be painful, but it helps.
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    Bump.. Im 40dd, would love to know too!
  • artcaro1972
    Options
    I'm 38DDD and would love to know this also! I haven't been able to find a "wire-less" sports bra in my size...even at all the specialty stores. Bumping incase someone has a miracle bra! =)

Bravissimo.com

I'm a 36H (or 36DDDDD) and I can RUN in mine. It's wireless and I bought it in the UK. Bravissimo should be available in the US as well.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Not cheap ($40-$60) but well worth it...

Shock Absorber Women's Extreme Support Sports Bra Top

I bought mine at Amazon and I'm a 40F!
  • artcaro1972
    Options

Bravissimo.com

I'm a 36H (or 36DDDDD) and I can RUN in mine. It's wireless and I bought it in the UK. Bravissimo should be available in the US as well.

Oh and outer sports bras (you know the uniboob ones?) do not work for me. I don't think they work well for anyone D and above personally. Mine is a bra meant to go under clothes during physical exercise.
  • nooodll
    nooodll Posts: 38
    Options
    I double up my wireless Champion sports bras from Costco, but I'm not doing any jumping jacks:) 2 pack for $25 bucks and I just bought 4 packages so I'm not doing laundry every day. I don't think there's any perfect answer, but when I worked in lingerie at Nordstrom years ago, there were a few expensive sports bras that fit my 32DDD. (Not that small anymore:()

I highly recommend a professional fitting by Nordstrom, they're trained extensively in everything from A cup to DDD and anything in between. Having the right sized bra changed my whole outlook on my body curves.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I double bag the girls. Regular bra and sports bra. Even then too many jacks can be painful, but it helps.

Agree. Try layering a sports bra over your regular bra, or even wearing several sports bras together to suppress the jiggle. Wal-mart has great prices on sports bras that are easy to layer (Fruit of the Loom ones come to mind).
  • d2rala
    d2rala Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm only a 36C, but I use a swimsuit (with a built in bra) as a leotard. As an added plus, I can take off my work out clothes, hit the shower then the pool/hot tub/ sauna right after a workout as my "reward" for getting to the health club. If I were any bigger, I would use additional support, but that seems to work for me.
  • kimikokirkland
    Options
    While I am NOT a 38-DD, my good fiend is and know that she wears 2, yes 2 sports bras everytime we work out. Good luck! I know the trouble I had finding a good one just being a 38-C.
  • MrsSpace
    MrsSpace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was a 38DDD and have had good luck with the Champion powersleek back-close sports bra from justmysize . com. I don't like the ones that don't hook in the back.
  • Damnesia
    Options
    I'm a 30F and I use a Shock Absorber MAX Sports Bra Top (Support Level 4):
    http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/home/products/sportsbras/index.htm
    Works great for me! I also sleep in it sometimes, I actually find it really comfortable & very supportive. It also works as kind of a minimiser under t-shirts if you wanted that.

I have an older version of the other level 4 one and it's definitely not as good. At least, I think it's an older version, doesn't look like any of the other ones on the site. It's very...pointy, haha.