scared and worried

Options
Hi, im new here, I like what I have seen, and I am comfortable on this site. I am afraide of dying to young because i cant or havent as of yet been able to control my weight. Im also afraide that if i dont get it under control at some point i will be alone. all of this worries me, im a worry wort, always have been, but am working on that. Im happy to be here, hope to do well, am proud to be able to have a chance...thanks have a great week,...Cyndee

Replies

• beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well done for joining and good luck in reaching your goals :) one thing I've learned on here is that while some people may seem unhelpful at times, everyone is supportive of people choosing to make positive changes in their lives.
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend! :-)
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

At the end of the day our health is the biggest and most important things in our lives, as far as I am concerned. If you are not healthy, you miss out on a lot of things, you struggle where others don't and overall you never feel completely tip top!

Which is why I am here. I want to get into the 'healthy weight bracket' for my height and overall feel better for it and also more confident!

If you would like to add me as a friend, feel free! The more support for each other the better! I'm 23, from the UK and aiming to lose 6st overall, at least 2.5st of which I want to lose by mid-April xo
  • Npieces
    Npieces Posts: 24
    Options
    : I understand where you are coming from. I am in healthcare and know as well as anyone how bad being unhealthy is, yet I have struggled all my life with my weight. You can do this for all the right reasons, find what you enjoy and stick with it. It will take a while but a great anti-anxiety or anti-depressant can help. Less worry=less weight gain. Its my best friend, well that and ZUMBA for the self esteem factor. feel free to friend me if you like.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your fear, and it's completely valid. There's nothing, really, more important than being healthy. It took me a long time to realize this. You can't take care of the people you love if you aren't healthy. You can't live long enough to do all the things that need to get done if you aren't healthy. You won't have the energy to do them anyway if you aren't healthy. I also believe health is direclty tied to our emotional and mental well beings as well. It's a package deal - get your body to a point where it can be as powerful as it was always meant to be and you will have the emotional and mental well being enough to enjoy it.

Getting strong, eating well, losing weight - these are all slow processes, but starting with your head committed to the rest of you is the only way to be successful. And you totally can be successful! Knowing how important your health is to your future is the greatest motivator, I think.

Pay attention to victories that have nothing to do with your scale. The weight loss is slow, but those other victories aren't and they sneak up on you and surprise you when you're not looking!

Good luck with everything!