cheesecake factory... ugh

Options
i always get so depressed looking at the nutrition information for restaurants. cheesecake factory is no different:

http://calorielab.com/news/2007/07/28/calorie-pusher-comes-to-town-the-cheesecake-factory-hits-rochester/
(click on the links to look at the menus)

darn.

Replies

• rabbit45
    rabbit45 Posts: 36
    Options
    and i'm supposed to go here for lunch with friends on sunday. uh oh. pre-mfp i used to love the shrimp and bacon club with fries... 2217 calories. whoops!
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    It's good to prepare before you go if you can.

I felt the same way when I looked up the least caloric thing I could find on the menu at Chili's. It was my whole day's calories & then some.:sad: They say to cut your meal in half (and take the other half home) or share with a friend.

Just know everything at a Restuarant is outrageously expensive in calories. Always ask for the dressing on the side too. Enjoy your lunch with your friends this weekend.:drinker:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    It's good to prepare before you go if you can.

I felt the same way when I looked up the least caloric thing I could find on the menu at Chili's. It was my whole day's calories & then some.:sad: They say to cut your meal in half (and take the other half home) or share with a friend.

Just know everything at a Restuarant is outrageously expensive in calories. Always ask for the dressing on the side too. Enjoy your lunch with your friends this weekend.:drinker:

I would not say that EVERYTHING at a restaurant is high calorie. It depends on the restaurant. That is why nutritional info on the web is so handy. It enables you to plan, and helps you decide if your favorite dish is worth taking it easy on other meals the rest of the day so you can enjoy it.

In order to be successful with a permanent lifestyle change, rather than the 4-letter word "DIET" one has to learn to adapt to the world as it is in order to control and enjoy the food options available in it. Last weekend I ate out both Friday and Saturday nights. On Friday, I had a wilted Spinach salad, part of a hummus and veggie appetizer, and a pint of hefewiezen (beer for those of you who are not familiar with micro brewed beverages). I didn't go over my calorie allowance and I was satisfied. I could have had a giant burger slathered in cheese and mushrooms and a basket of fries, but because I planned, it was no problem.

Saturday night I had grilled halibut, with a baked potato, steamed veggies, and a green salad. I had the dressing and the potato condiments on the side so I could control how much of them I added. I actually had TWO pints of hefewiezen that night, but it was 300 calories well spent.

The point is I am on a journey toward better health, not in a contest to deprive and frustrate myself so I can fall off the wagon and give up.

Good luck to everyone in reaching their goals, just remember half the fun is getting there!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I love the dulce de leche caramel cheesecake @ 1079 cals I still will eat it. But I only go to there once or twice a year.
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Theres always the salads! Some of them are outragous but theres a few that sound good and aren't too bad for ya! Also they seem to have a lot of "weight management" items that are still kinda high but not too bad as long as you ate well the rest of the day! Just make sure you get water and drink a lot of it! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    OMG- I always get the thai lettuce wraps and think these can't be too high in cals. WOW. I guess I won't be going to CF and time soon.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory has salads in a "Weight Management" section of the menu. They are each around 500 calories for the whole thing. The salad is HUGE, and they are delicious. I ate one salad as two meals. Dressing on the side, so you can use even less.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    OMG! I always get the lunch shepard's pie and take half home. I was still eating 600/cals not including a salad! :noway:
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cheesecake factory! We don't have one in town (yet...it's being built) but it's one of the places we go when we go out of town. I usually get a chicken sandwich with fries and of course a piece of cheesecake. Probably around 4,000 calories in one meal!

Going to Olive Garden tonight...trying to save up some of my calories for that but I'm hungry and still have about 4 hours till we eat!
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    I would just make sure you really enjoy what you order! Don't order something just based upon its calories. We go out to eat to enjoy friends. I went to Chili's yesterday and we had a blast! I asked for a box with my meal and put half away right away so I wasn't tempted to eat all of it. Also, drink a lot of water, it will help fill you up!!
    Good luck and enjoy!:drinker:
  • Cindyn50
    Cindyn50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love eating at the Cheesecake factory. They have a yummy salmon lunch that is delicious. It's a nice piece of grilled salmon with green beans and broccoli. I have iced tea to go with it, and I feel like I've had a wonderful lunch.

Next time you're at the Cheesecake Factory--take a look at the portion sizes on others' plates. It's pretty scary. It may scare you straight into eating a healthy portion.

Good luck,
    Cindy N