Anyone else interested in "CONSERVATIVE Couch to 5k"?

Options
Elbee1
Elbee1 Posts: 2,055 Member
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this with me. It is a 7 month plan to running a 5k. The entire first month is just walking and it is NOT every day.
Here is the link if you are interested.
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Programs/conservative_program.htm
Thank you,
Linda :smile:

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I did the regular C25K but I am still not running that fast and not really doing a 5K run at the end. Right now I am doing waking and running intervals to get faster. All the best with this program. I had been walking about 2.8 miles regularly before I started to run. I am interested to hear how it goes.
    Keri
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I did the regular C25K but I am still not running that fast and not really doing a 5K run at the end. Right now I am doing waking and running intervals to get faster. All the best with this program. I had been walking about 2.8 miles regularly before I started to run. I am interested to hear how it goes.
    Keri
  • jdan15
    jdan15 Posts: 1
    Options
    your best bet is to take it real slow and make sure you have proper running form when you really get going. if you are just starting, simply walk, but pump your arms with your opposite leg to get use to the movement. from there, end your walk with a slight jog for a 1/10 of mile. progress up to a quarter mile (take your time) and then soon you will want to finish with a half mile, etc. be sure to land on the front of your foot and not your heel. landing on your heel is not the proper way to run. granted your calf muscles will be sore at first (one two weeks), but you will be less likely to get hurt running the right way.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    thank you, Jdan & Keria.

I am hoping that some others will partner up with me and do this together. The more, the better... as it is a long-term endeavor. I was hoping that we could check in here, support each other, experience running our first 5K, etc.

I've tried the regular Couch to 5K and it just progressed too quickly for me and I never made it through after trying it twice. I know you can repeat days & weeks, but it is just too fast paced for me.

Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hope it is okay to "bump" this up.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Not even 1 person interested in doing couch to 5K ... the slow way?
  • Elbee1
    Options
    I'm just starting Week 3. Still in just the walking phase...
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    This looks to be about my speed lol, I like it.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I could be keen - I also found the C25K too fast for me. i managed the time, but not the distance. My run speed was more a fast walk speed (short legs here!) LOL
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    you can add me! at my age slow and steady wins the race.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hi y'all.
    I just noticed that I had some response. Sorry not to have noticed sooner. Guess I need to check "my topics" more often. Now, that I know others are interested, i will check in, regularly. I was going to begin Week 4 this past Tuesday, but got pretty sick. I have had fever, etc. since Monday night.

Have y'all started yet? If so, how is it going? If not, when will you begin?
    I will just repeat Week 4 next week. Thanks for joining me, y'all.

I look forward to reading more from you. Let's tell each other where we are at & check in here regularly to support each other & tell how it is going.
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Argghh! I'm still sick! I don't know if I'll be able to walk.
    So, how goes it, y'all?
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hahahaha i saw this topic on the main page and pictured a bunch of right-wingers on a sofa.
  • gettingfitmomof3
    Options
    I just saw this. I would like to start this. I have basically been doing week 3 of C25K for about 4 months. Can't get past it!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Not even 1 person interested in doing couch to 5K ... the slow way?
    The C25K program is designed to be done at your own pace. There really is no "right" way to do it. You move on to the next "week" once you feel ready.

Good luck! :drinker:
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    you may want ot creat a group of those doing this with you who posted here, and it is easier for everyone to find :)
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just started the regular Couch to 5K. Did the first week ok but then my knees started killing me so I have laid off for a bit. Anyone have suggestions for that?
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Have i ever told you i love you? lol
    JUst my pace, im in =)
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've tried and given up on the C25K a few times. My knees aren't in the best shape, so the running bits bother them, and that makes it even harder to get on the treadmill again the next time. This looks like it may be easier to stick to, thanks for posting it!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Join the C25K group here for support and education: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

You could start a thread there for folks participating in the "conservative" pacing to track progress and successes.