What a difference a year makes (pics)

Options

Replies

• digitalsinner
    Options
    You look FABULOUS! Congrats on the new grandbaby and keep up the smart choices!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! Congratulations! You are truly an inspiration!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your story! It really is an inspiration to us that need it. I have already found myself being discouraged due to the fact that I am losing so slowly and feel like I am working myself to death at the gym. In a matter of 3 weeks, I have only lost around 3 lbs and it's frustrating that I am not seeing better results. Your story inspires me to keep going and not give up. Thank you!
  • erichrissy
    Options
    wow... truly amazing!! you have inspired me to not give up! thank you sooo much! :smile:
  • MrsLaurenAsh
    MrsLaurenAsh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Great job!
  • properteez
    properteez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of this accomplishment and as a new member of MFP I can't tell you how great it is to see your story! I started my weight loss journey (this time around) January 2nd at the same starting weight as you! I've only lost about 8 pounds since then, but feel pretty committed this time. Your photo's help to reinforce my resolve! Thank you so much for sharing and be sure to walk tall! Oh and I too became a new g-ma last year. It's so fun!
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not only have you done a great job losing a lot of weight, but holy Hannah, look how much younger you look now! Wow! Go, you!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Such a difference! Still the same smile, though :)
  • LonghornGirlNC
    LonghornGirlNC Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very inspirational!!! :)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • fishes135
    Options
    WOW well done , you look great and so much younger and soooo happi :)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly,

What a great post with wonderful pictures. Great sanity of dietary choices brings great rewards! It is posts such as these that gave me the strength to follow through, and having you as a friend of similar age and weight was a blessing to me in my journey, too.

So many wonderful changes can happen in just one year in the body and in the mind, too. Without making the necessary mental adjustments, the weight loss is meaningless.

My journey to 135 pounds is coming up to closing out 5 long years on January 25. I had hoped to make my goal but have been bouncing around the last 3 pounds which is quite a tease for me, but in the end it doesn't matter. If I make it tomorrow or a month from now like you, I've been able to make the mental leap to understand that I must change my life in order to achieve the weight loss success that has eluded me my entire life.

I know my changes will stick this time. There is no going back. That bridge has been successfully burned, but like you, caution must always be exercised around "party food". I am afraid that will always be my cross to bear. But I am thankful to be able to bear it as I have learned so much about myself along the way.

Wishing you the very best of the New Year! Just think of the fun we'll have shopping! And that is so much more fun than food now! = D

Susan
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great job Shelly! You look amazing. :)
  • renolizard
    renolizard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    amazing! so inspiring! thank you for sharing!
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    well done
  • mlks2012
    Options
    Your words are as inspiring as the photos! And the photos are a story all their own. You did a lot of work to make those photos happen and I happy that you are finding your rythym again. I hope to be in your shoes a year from now too!

Success to you this day and beyond!

Mary
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely amazed!!!!!! Awesome job! Seeing you let's me know I can do this. I have 109lbs left to loose. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! =)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *blush*

thank you so much everyone... don't know what i would have done without the support of the community here.

I've been so inspired by the way folks here share their successes, and their struggles.. and i don't just mean the ones on the scale.
    So much of what we accomplish here, when we are really focused on the task, goes so far beyond the scale it is sometimes unimaginable.

The instrospection, the self discovery, reading about each others journeys and recognizing those 'aha' moments that we can relate to.... is all so crucial.. at least for me *S*

I've done way more than 'lose' weight this last year... i've actually 'found' me instead, thanks to 'you'.
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! You look wonderful! SO great to see your progress. Keep that as a reminder as you move forward. GREAT JOB!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!