Going out for dinner?

Options
I forgot to set something out for dinner tonight and we'll be out running errands later. After I realized I didn't set anything out the "old" me said "oh well- well just go out". My first choice would be KFC. But I was looking at their menu online and a chicken breast was like 500 calories! For one piece of chicken!!!

What are some healthIER options for eating out?

Nothing sounds good!

Replies

• tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a complete list of my OK places and choices that I keep in my purse for just those times. If you have a Culvers they have the Chicken Cashew Salad with grilled chicken. It is 443 so you can still add some fat free dressing and not be over that 500. They also have a grilled chicken sandwich on a hoagie bun for 310 -includes pickles, lettuce and tomato, skip half the bun and even better.

Wendy's has some good options. Mandarin Chicken Salad (Wendy's) Serving Size: 348 (g) Calories: 180 Total Fat: 2 Carbs: 16g Protein or the Ultimate Grilled Chicken Sandwich (Wendy's) Serving Size: 225 (g) Calories: 360 Total Fat: 7 Carbs: 44g Protein: 31g

I found a ton of great info at the following website:
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/wendys
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Wow! 500 cals for chicken? I guess that's deep frying for ya. :(

I guess for starters, skip KFC! :noway: Figure out other fast food places you might like to go to and check their menus for healthier options. If any of them have soup on their menu, that could be a lower calorie choice. We went to a spaghetti place last week for my kid's b-day and I checked their menu calories before we left - realized the minestrone soup was only 60 calories vs 150-200 or more for a side salad (depending on dressing, of course).

Good luck!
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Boston market! A quarter chicken with no skin and two sides steam veggies for less than 400 calories.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    Wendy's chili is really good over a plain bake potato.

I love Chick-Fil-A, there grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun is really good.

We at Jason't Deli quite often and they have a light menu that is very good & there fruit is always so sweet & fresh!
  • hillarygullett
    Options
    I like Applebees 550 cal menu. I usually drink water. If we end up somewhere else, and the menu is not weight conscious friendly, I will immediately separate my meal in half and get a to go box before I even start eating. Hope this helps.:flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Subway, Wendy's, Applebee's, Chili's is okay calorie-wise (they have the healthier options marked), IHOP has a healthy menu...
  • Sofithomas
    Options
    Nandos is a great option for dieting I feel. With plenty of side salads, beans, sweet potato, you can really pick and choose and avoid the heavy chips and chicken option- you're not stuck on one single plate, so you can be selective in what you want. I normally take off the skin just to cut extra cals, but if youre good anyway you don't have to worry too much about it! And I don't have the spicy sauce - not a huge fan anyway - just lemon and herb or mango and lime, delicious!