Keeping track of exercise

Options
Like some I don't add my exercise to my daily posts because I don't want my food tracker to add more calories. Is there a way to add the exercise so I can keep track of it and not have it automatically add?

Mindy

ps...day 4 of the 30 day shred and feeling it :)

Replies

• zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    you can put in the item, and put zero for the calories,

so you'd put 60 minutes of jogging, and change it to 0 calories.

that way you can check what you done on what day, but the calories don't change in your food section.
  • niecyd55
    niecyd55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to find out why strength training (e.g. gym workout) does not register any calorific value in the exercise section,
    it only registers cardio. Anyone know the answer please? btw I am new to the site this week so still picking it all up.
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think I read an explanation on the app, which was that calories burnt during weights will depend on your body (fat%/lean nuscle mass), the weight you're doing, reps, heart rate etc. So there's no blanket value one size fits all they can give. But if you want a general guideline you can Google and there are sure to be websites ut there that calculate a calorie estimate for you!

Also to consider is that the values on cardio exercise are general estimates, and if you're using machines where you log your age/weight etc and it calculates the calories for you when you're done, you should use this number instead of MFP estimate as it will be more accurate.
  • deekaydee
    deekaydee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to find out why strength training (e.g. gym workout) does not register any calorific value in the exercise section,
    it only registers cardio. Anyone know the answer please? btw I am new to the site this week so still picking it all up.

You can add strength training as a cardio exercise, and it will list some calories burned. Type "strength training" or "weight lifting" in the cardio section, and it will come up.
  • niecyd55
    niecyd55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OK, many thanks for the advice! :-)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input.

Next Question: How do you know what you did if there is no category coming up? I put in 30 Day Shred and there were 'no results'. Am I on my own to figure it out?

Mindy