Six Months, -47 Pounds (with pics - UGH! LOL)

Options
Oh, that elusive 3 pounds. I would love to say I lost 50 (I'd consider it a huge milestone) but, here it is..

800.jpg

Before: 285# After: 238#

I am starting to struggle to see losses every week, and it's starting to discourage me. I'd hoped to be at 225# by now, and have stalled.

I am thinking I'm going to have to shake things up... Any suggestions?

Otherwise, I'm just gonna keep chugging along. I'm wanting to be 199.9 (ANYthing under 200#) by the 10th of May, when I board a plane to Hawaii for my 10th anniversary. I ***REALLY*** want it... I pray God gives me the strength to get there...

Thanks for letting me share :)

Replies

• sammybear521
    sammybear521 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    wtg! .. you have a nice hour glass shape!
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • dravenangel
    dravenangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference! You look amazing and must be so proud. You'll kick that 3lbs' butt soon enough :smile:
  • g1analaura
    g1analaura Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • jocemorg
    jocemorg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    uh, hello hourglass figure! check out your waist! you look fantastic!
  • mspears1198
    mspears1198 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    You're really looking good. You didn't indicate what you are currently doing for exercise but mixiing it up would be good. Right now I'm doing the Jullian Michael 30 Day Shred. Although I am not seeing the pounds drop off, I have noticed that my waste is getting smaller. I'll take it where I can get it.

We head to Hawaii in 19 day :)
  • rumbeam2
    rumbeam2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow -- you look great! Congrats. Check out the Fat Trap article that ran in the New York Times, Health section on a Sunday a few weeks back. I think it helps explain alot re: why it's so hard to get off the stubborn pounds and keep them off.
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You look great! :) Keep it up! And as far as advice goes... I don't know what you've BEEN doing. But shaking it up is never a bad idea. Don't get too comfortable with your exercise routine, and maybe stagger your calories once in a while (minimum suggested caloric intake, then up it a couple of hundred cals, and so on).

Good luck and enjoy Hawaii!
  • cepark137
    Options
    Mostly, I have been using the treadmill, doing a fat-burning routine that involves a slow walk on a steep incline followed by a run... the intervals vary, but the routine is the same. It was WONDERFUL, but right now, it seems to have flat-lined on me. I'm using a watch/heart-monitor to track caloric burn, and I have noticed that the same routine no longer burns NEAR as many calories as it used to (part of that is being lighter -- but I also notice my heart rate isn't getting "up there" the way it used to, either).

I just started doing Zumba on the Wii, and it was a good workout, but I am rhythmically challenged *lol*, so sometimes I get frustrated with the routines.

I need something that can burn mega calories in 45-50 minutes as I have a little one at home, and a 7 year old in school, so my days are busy... (I am sure ALL of you can relate to that in one way or another)

Thanks for all the compliments! :)
  • kahowel2
    kahowel2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far! I don't know what you do know for a work-out but if you're part of a gym try taking a different group fitness class once or twice a week. Challenge yourself to try each class at least once and find your favorites to work into your normal routine! Also try adding weights to your routine. I get up every day at 6 before I have to be at work because I know by the end of the day I'll be too tired so try getting up 45 minutes before your kids wake up and go lift weights. Fitnessmagazine.com has some great toning routines! It's what I've started doing and I have found so many great ones I love I don't have enough time to do them all :). I just joined started on here, hopefully for good this time, just last week. I have a habit of starting and stopping but I'm hoping I can stick to it this time and be as successful as you! Good luck!
  • treromano
    Options
    You are doing great! You can change up your exercise a bit to get pass your hump.
  • appleg1rl
    appleg1rl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! How long did it take?

BTW, I went to Hawaii last June. You will NOT regret it. It's exactly as advertised. :)
  • atadley
    atadley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Nice job! Good luck with your goal for Hawaii!:smile:
  • kawitty
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! You have such amazing progress so far, you can definitely make it to May! Thanks for being such an inspiration, it is such a hard journey but you can make it happen, don't lose hope!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    fantastic!!! definately shake it up, change your work out routine, try something new!!! and keep having fun and enjoying the results!!!
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    u are doing amazing....keep up the good work..and u will be there soon...
  • shanaenichole
    shanaenichole Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    do the 30 day shred!! helps break the plateau!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!