A question for the ladies!

Options
Now we ALL know what "that time of the month" does to us! Now, me? I want CHOCOLATE! Do you let your head or your uterus rule on the chocolate decision?

Replies

• jcitro3
    Options
    I say go for the chocolate but dont overkill it like maybe a Hershey kiss or something small but make sure you account for it in your daily calories and you should be good to go!
  • Tlcw96
    Tlcw96 Posts: 13
    Options
    You can have some chocolate just make sure you don't over do it, and make sure you log it.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. It's the one treat I refuse to give up. Just about everyday, I eat sixteen dark chocolate ghiradelli chips. It's 80 calories and goes perfect with my craisins and peanuts. In other words, go for it! :-)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    have some
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    It helps with the pain so I think it's completely justifiable. Plus I don't have much of an appetite for anything else.
  • Alinabearsmom
    Options
    I do have to agree with everybody.. Eat the chocolate.. just dont over do it.. Chocolate is good for the soul too.. hehehe
  • cscgal
    cscgal Posts: 27
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes AMAZING 100 calorie things with LOADS of choclate. Just got my fix about 10 minutes ago :)
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    just make it a good piece! one good piece of chocolate goes way farther in satisfaction then a crap piece. i tend to go for the 3.95 bars at godiva, then i eat one piece and i'm good to go.
  • Jenelle80
    Options
    I'm a total chocaholic, chocolate is my drug and my enemy lol. I know if I have a "little" bit of chocolate i'm gonna want more, and more.... and more.
    I can't stop at haveing just a little bit, so I don't have any.
    If you have the will power to just have a little, then do it.
  • karismalynn
    Options
    Thanks guys! I dont think I couldnt not do it! Especially dark chocolate, hate it, but I crave it! Plus I hear it's good for you ;)
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love my chocolate. :) Here is a recipe for a single serving brownie. It's super yummy, and I DID use stevia instead of regular sugar and it tasted JUST as good as a brownie. I did add a bit more yogurt though.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=83254
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for it!
    I find when it's that "time of the month" even though I may be tired & sluggish I force myself to get off my butt and do a lite cardio workout everyday rather than my usual average of 4 times a week. For me, it really helps to keep my cramps under control and when logging, it makes up for the bigger appetite & cravings I tend to get.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I can't. If I eat one piece right now, I'm eating it ALL.
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Nestle makes fat free hot chocolate packets that are only 20 calories. They always work to curb my chocolate cravings.
  • karismalynn
    Options
    I can't. If I eat one piece right now, I'm eating it ALL.

My solution so this doesnt happen. buy one small thing of chocolate at a time! Like today, I almost bought a whole bag of mini reese mini cups....but instead I bought a single chocolate heart, it was 140 calories, but worth it! And since I wont be out at a store every day, it's just a little treat when I am out :)
  • karismalynn
    Options
    Nestle makes fat free hot chocolate packets that are only 20 calories. They always work to curb my chocolate cravings.

Oddly I have never even thought to drink my chocolate instead!
  • karismalynn
    Options
    I love my chocolate. :) Here is a recipe for a single serving brownie. It's super yummy, and I DID use stevia instead of regular sugar and it tasted JUST as good as a brownie. I did add a bit more yogurt though.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=83254

Thank you, I'll try it out! :)
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    If you like oatmeal, you can put a spoon of unsweetened cocoa powder (10 cals per Tbsp.) + a couple packets of Splenda in there. It's delicious and rich and chocolate-y... and very low cals. It's how I get my chocolate fix :)
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    try the slim fast snack bars. they have these chocolate mint bars, OMG, delicious! and only 100 calories. :)
  • twinmommy54
    Options
    Shakeology gives me my chocolate fix......don't feel so bad either lol! :wink: But yea, have your chocolate!!!! Everything in moderation! :heart: