When did you start seeing a change?

Options
I've been doing really well and I've lost 7lbs in 2 weeks. I am feeling better everyday and I still get to eat my chocolate! haha

I'm just wondering when you started to be able to see the weight come off. I look in the mirror and I think I notice a change, but I also think it might be me just wanting to see the change.

At what point did you start the physical changes of losing weight?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Although you may not see change immediately, just know that you are doing your body a world of good! Keep up the great work. Don't get discouraged! It is such a gradual process that you may not even really notice changes (although they will of course be happening).
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    SInce I'm doing Insanity along with my diet...I started seeing results the fist week....I can't wait to take my 2 month after pics...I'm still embaressed to show...when I get down to a decent size I will...I promise!

5'3, 255, size 20
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I really noticed changes in Month two nearly naked pics :) every month I see a little more. Pics are the best way to see major changes and the tape measure the best way to see minors :)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person and how much weight they have to lose. When I joined a year ago I was looking to lose about 120 pounds. It took a good 30 to 40 pounds before others noticed, I noticed slight changes before that. Now that I'm down 111 pounds it doesn't take but a couple of pounds to shift things.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I started to notice after about 10 lbs and other people really started to notice after about 20. the loose pants and the tape measure have been the best for me. I still see a weight problem when I look at pictures so that one doesn't help now... when I lose more tho it'll be great to look back and see the change.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    first day. i felt better
  • mbucy2
    mbucy2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started seeing today. When I stopped eating my turkey sandwich because I was full. I didn't need the other half. It wasn't a conscious decision. I purposely only got the sandwich for lunch because I wanted to skip the chips and fries....I expected to eat it all and then go back to work to end my lunch with a clementine.

I have only lost a few pounds total, so my change is not physical. Everyone's comments are motivating. 50 lbs? 111? 4 lbs and 7 lbs. I wish there was a quick fix, but it's nice to feel that the little changes are big successes also.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I am feeling better everyday

See? It's working already :)
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm 6kg (13lb) down so far and have dropped 1cm off the waist. That's all. not enough to "see" a change.
    I expect the next 6kg to be harder, slower, and more noticable.
  • kenzysmom
    Options
    It definitely depends on how much you have to lose! I have between 130-160 to lose and it was about 30 lbs in before people really started noticing and I had lost a size by then. Honestly though my body has changed a lot due to the amount of exercise I do. I think if I had just lost the weight by eating healthier I'd probably not have noticed the big changes in my body until I had lost more weight.
  • kourtxxx
    Options
    i didnt really notice until i went to the store and had gone from a size 9/10 to a size 2/3 after losing 30 lbs! then i started doing weights and noticed an even bigger change, especially in my abs
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Usually takes losing around 10% for others to notice.
  • kfox15
    kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 and I have definitely started to see the change. Unfortunately it's not where I would like it (tummy anyone?) but of course, we can't spot train. I've notice it most on the back of my arms and my upper back. I put on a strapless dress for school the other day and notice that I didn't have wings anymore!!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I start really seeing a difference after about 15 pounds.
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    I started seeing a change quickly only took about 3 weeks
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I haven't really been able to see the change except how my pants fit. On Friday and Saturday I was able to wear pants that I couldn't wear before. Today, when I looked in the mirror with pants at the back of me, I said I am getting saggy *kitten*.
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't see a change yet, but I felt a change when I was shaving my legs in the shower and I felt a muscle in the back of my thigh that I never knew could exist :)
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I started to see weight loss almost immediately, then a plateau, then a predictable, steady loss after then.

NSVs kicked in when I started to fit into shirts that I'd previously mentally classed as 'a bit tight' - suddenly they were fine - that was 4kg / 8lb in. Also when I lay in bed on my back, my belly didn't protude higher than my chest.

Other people started noticing at 7kg (15lb) - that's when the weight started falling off my face and neck.

Colleagues and friends I haven't seen for a while are usually pretty shocked (17kg / 35lb). My ma cried the last time we Skyped together, she hasn't seen me this light in a decade.

It's a weird progression, you notice the initial change and are proud, then others notice it, then you forget what you looked like, and get to a point where you're so focussed on achieving a goal you don't remember what it was like to be big.
  • George1567
    Options
    Read somewhere once that switching to a healthy weight reduction diet and fitness plan would on average take 4 weeks before you would see results and 5 weeks before other people would notice. As always everyone is different. The reason this stuck with me is I flipped it around and figured it would work in reverse. If I slip up and don't follow healthy ways it could be 4 weeks before I would see the change (for the worse). This has been motivation to stick with documentation and weigh in even when I start to think I "got this under control".
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person and how much weight they have to lose. When I joined a year ago I was looking to lose about 120 pounds. It took a good 30 to 40 pounds before others noticed, I noticed slight changes before that. Now that I'm down 111 pounds it doesn't take but a couple of pounds to shift things.

Your profile pic is awesome!!!