Workout 3 days , 4 days or everyday a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• amandakaye79
    Options
    I hit the gym at least 5 times a week. And in the last three weeks its been working pretty well. I will switch it up day by day, either changing machines, or doing different classes. Right now I'm doing strength training once a week, but planning on increasing that to twice a week starting in Feb. And even though it's only been three short weeks, it's already part of my routine. It'd feel really weird not going to the gym tomorrow.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    3 to 4 intense workouts with milder home workouts in between, like some Wii, fun and only a couple of hundred calories. One day a week off usually due to schedule.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    If you alternate muscle groups, working out every day should not be a problem.
  • kenzysmom
    Options
    I try to workout a minimum of 5 days a week but certainly don't beat myself up if I miss an extra day here or there. I also try to make sure I'm fueling my body well on my intense workout days. I try to get 3 intense days and the other days I'm doing a walk on the treadmill and maybe some weights or an "easier" class at the gym. I am struggling with keeping my eating in check most days so the extra workouts help me burn extra and also on the days I don't go to the gym I have a harder time staying on track than I do on gym days!
  • Erin51
    Erin51 Posts: 35
    Options
    in my opinion & experience, working out everyday is fine as long as you change it up. i do strength training 3x a week, high cardio 2x a week, and long distance running 3x a week. saturdays are strength & running day, i like to have a high calorie burn once a week so as to have a high calorie intake day. doing this for the past year has helped me lose 85 lbs and over 10% body fat.

Meg0013, you are my hero! :smile: Losing 85 lbs is fantastic and it looks like you worked very hard at it. I have around 100 total to lose and would love to get to a workout schedule like yours. The running, not so much. I already wrecked my joints from obesity, so I am not sure I will be able to run. But the rest...oh yeah!

Currently, I do 30 mins of cardio at least 5 days per wk. Doctor's orders to control blood sugar. I use the treadmill M-W-F and exercise DVD's with a cardio and strength training on T-Th. Sat and Sun I go to the gym, usually and do some of each. We are not consistent on the weekend, so I am faithful to M-F.
    You are inspiring! I had to work my way to where I am today, and will continue to reach your level of commitment! :smile:
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout. Walking or Yoga everyday are good none stressful work outs.