You ideal job?

Options
Bermudabarbie
Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
Mine would be weather man/woman. You work in very short intervals -- 2 or 3 minutes -- you get paid and get on TV. Best part -- you keep your job even if you are wrong 85% of the time.

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    To work with fabulous, positive upbeat people who love what they do. Work with animals every day. Do surgery all day long. Have supportive upper management... oh wait. I already have this job! :bigsmile: I'm so blessed!
  • Froggeh
    Froggeh Posts: 148
    Options
    I'd love to sell my jewelry and art for a living!
  • sergeant771
    Options
    When I start my next career (in about two years), I hope to have a job where I work a couple weeks then have a couple weeks off. Throw in some travel and only be responsible for myself and the task I've been assigned. Not so important as to what it is, or how much it pays, but it must be interesting.

Thinking outside the box, my future career might be

-an international courier
    -being a Rep for an interesting product, particularly if it involves travel
    -be involved in the delivery of _________ (yachts?, cars? anything that is legal)
    -being eyes/ears for a sports team or sports promoter
    -high end 'go-fer'
    -the go to, git'r done, special assitant or special project guy

Yes, I'm tired of being responsible for other people as I am in my present career!

Resume available upon request.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Independent, long term reviewer of cool stuff, like hotels, restaurants, gadgets, cars, etc.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Dallas Cheerleader fitness instructor
  • timetripper42
    Options
    I actually have mine. I design and install hardscapeing and landscaping and the good thing about it when I am dead and gone alot of that stuff will still be here. Making something pretty out of something ugly
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Ideal? Seamstress. Make high end purses & diaper bags !
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've got mine. A writer. :)
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a famous author! Also to own and run an elephant sanctuary!
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mine would be weather man/woman. You work in very short intervals -- 2 or 3 minutes -- you get paid and get on TV. Best part -- you keep your job even if you are wrong 85% of the time.

Or even 95% of the time in Colorado. x-D
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'd like to own a sports bar and get people wasted :drinker:
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    global marketing manager for coca cola.
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I'd LOVE to be a spy! But that ship has long since sailed... so I just run a game about spies! =P

Beyond that... designing art for a game company!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I love my current job as a technical writer. The only way it would be better would be if I could get paid to sing.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    LOL nice, OP!

I was talking to my boyfriend about this today actually! Funny this thread popped up when it did! I'd love to own my own bistro cafe and sell my own as well as other local artists art (paintings, ceramics, glass, jewelry, etc..) while serving local and organic vegetarian foods. I'm a pescatarian, but love cooking veg dishes and making recipes my own and much healthier. I'm also great with an espresso machine!
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    becoming an international consultant D.O or M.D :)
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    music!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am living it: business broker - equity liquidation.
    This is my dream profession, because I can work 10 hours per week, play 60 hours and never have to take any crap off anybody.
    LOVE THAT!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Right now I am a middle school teacher. My ultimate job would be to be a college English professor teaching a course on graphic novels!
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a madame at a brothel. :wink: