I miss my gallbladder.

2»

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    :cry: all gallbladders go to heaven.
  • I do not miss mine! The attacks sent me to the hospital. It's been gone two weeks . . . the only issues that I am having are laughing and sneezing. Those things are still painful.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    I don't miss my tonsils :laugh:
  • RyLaneB
    RyLaneB Posts: 60 Member
    I do not miss my gall bladder...it was evil! However, when they removed it in 2004 it seems that they also removed my ability to enjoy the 1 decent Chinese restaurant our town has! I did have more sensitivity like you are having at first, but it all went away...except for this. I can eat at the barely edible Chinese Buffet in town with no problem, but set foot in the door of the good Chinese place and I can barely make it home. :noway: I hope your side effects subside like mine did! :flowerforyou:
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    I don't miss mine at all. I feel so much better now that its gone, and I haven't had to change my eating habits at all (at least not because the gall bladder is gone... I've changed them because I am trying to lose weight).

^^
    this

The pain mine caused (the gall bladder, not the surgery), was unbearable. It was inflamed and it's removal nearly became an emergency surgery.

I had mine removed last March, and the only thing that ticks me off about it is I still do get 'attacks'. Same pain, but not as strong, nor as long lasting (tg). It bugs me though because by all logic, if it's not there, it shouldn't hurt.

Ugh, just thinking about it makes my head hurt :huh:

I hope you feel better soon. It does take quite a few months (up to a year I was told) for some people to feel better and discover what & how your body will handle the foods post removal.

13680624.png
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    I had mine removed 8 years ago and I seem to have digestive problems afterward. I either have loose stools or am constipated, never am regular and I think it has effected my weight loss, though am not sure. I battled gall stones for a year before going to the doctor. Started getting sick when I would eat and throwing up, lost 50 lbs in about 3 months and had a friend ask if I was bulemic. Of course I thought about going to the doctor, but then worried "what if I am bulemic and in denial" I know that sounds crazy but I got worried it might be true, (sometimes I would make myself throw up because my stomach hurt so bad and that was the only thing that helped) but I got scared to go because I did not want to be forced into treatment or something. Long story short, I eventually doubled over at work and could not hardly move, rushed to emergency room and found out my gallbladder was so full of stones it was pushing them back out and one was blocking my entrance to my liver. Had an emergency removal and for the longest time felt great after that, but the weight slowly crept on and am now much heavier and can not seem to lose weight no matter what I do.