When did you start seeing a change?

Options
2»

Replies

• Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    The tape measure is mostly what did it for me....When the inches started coming off, I notice in my hips and waist....clothes fit differently. I've noticed weight wise and I've lost 14 lbs....I think others will notice after I hit 20-30 lbs. Hopefully.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    After reading everyone else's posts, it's really apparent that it's different for everyone. My answer is that I have yet to see a change, even though i've lost 25 lbs (of 45). Others have told me I look great, but I don't see it. Also my clothes are fitting about the same still. I'm hoping in the next 5 lbs it'll start being really obvious to me!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Usually takes losing around 10% for others to notice.
    I agree. Something I learned from Weight Watchers.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I first noticed a change after I lost the first 20 lbs in that my pants were a bit loose in the waist.
    And then after 30 I realized that I needed a smaller size, so I made a huge production out of getting rid of my 46 pants and getting in 42 size which was a bit tight.

In just 1 month they were loose....so I went to 40 where I stayed for 6 months, then 38, then 36 and now breaking into 34 size pants.

It feels GREAT!
  • jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've got a lot of belly fat. At 7 lbs down I've lost 2 inches off my waist, 1 off the hips. Taking the tape measure out and getting measurements early on is a great way to calculate progress.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    When I no longer was out of breath walking up 3 flights of stairs to my office....physically, I personally havn't noticed a huge difference, but people are telling me all the time that I'm looking slimmer!
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    it took me about 10lbs to notice a difference but it depends on what i wear still cuz i still have 25 or so lbs to lose so i have fat days and skinny days i cant wait to lose the rest of it
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm 6kg (13lb) down so far and have dropped 1cm off the waist. That's all. not enough to "see" a change.
    I expect the next 6kg to be harder, slower, and more noticable.

I've only lost 4lb but I've lost 4cm off my waist! Its different for everyone so just go on what helps you carry on :smile: