How often do you REALLY weigh in?

Options

Replies

• nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and since my scales are right beside my fridge, I weigh myself as motivation to eat something healthy when I open the fridge. A litte insane yes, but it's working for me so far. :happy:
  • Karaya41
    Options
    Daily...no lie ..guilty as charged.
    (record it on MFP when I see at least a difference thou) that way I can track how I am doing..but yes it is both exciting and frustrating...
    :blushing:
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, maybe more than daily, just because I need to remind myself that I'm on a diet or doing a "lifestyle change."
    I'll forget and it'll all be over.
  • digitalixus
    digitalixus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once every few days (once every 3-5 days, though it can vary). I used to weigh daily but I found the fluctuation to be annoying, a few days in a row I could have lost 2-3 lb, but the next day it could jump 4 for no reason!
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Well ever since I threw my scale away a few weeks ago, I only weigh in once a week :)
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    about 2-3 times a week, mainly when i feel i have eat well. i haven't been recording my weight. i shall start to once a week
  • VodkaSalad37
    VodkaSalad37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself to STOP weighing every day, and every morning I get up and say "I'll just weigh this one last time." LOL.....I can't help it. I don't like surprises.....and don't want to be surprised (negatively) on Mondays when my "true" weigh date is.

14285388.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My weigh in day is also Monday, but I'm thinking of switching it to Tuesday so I can have a day to "detox" from the weekend (which is usually a cheat day for me, but I'm trying to not cheat). I am also guilty of checking my weight every day, but i noticed that if I gain a single oz since my last recorded weight, I start to freak out.

I am only going to weigh myself once a week and hopefully be pleasantly surprised at the larger weight drop on that day.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The first week, I was weighing every day, but now, I only weigh once a week - on Sunday's. And I have to force myself to remember before I eat breakfast. For some reason, I became less obsessed with what the scale said as soon as I started seeing inches melting away and I started fitting into clothes I haven't worn in years!
  • Nikkiray32
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday morning.
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    I weigh in daily too, but I can handle any fluctuations and use my weigh in as a guide as to what I will do that day exercise wise.
    I would advise that people that "live and die" by the scale SHOULDN'T weigh everyday.

I am the same..I weigh in 3 or 4 times a day...just because..I no longer stress about it as after 9 months I can see that my personal gain in the course of the day can be as much as 5lbs!!! But it comes and goes! :D
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i only weigh once a day.. in the morning, after i've done my business, butt naked. :)
  • jmulldome
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but only log it once a week (same day and same time each week)

Yeah, I do the same thing.
    I monitor my progress daily, but it only goes in my log once a week.

If you log it in daily, you will see constant ups and downs, whereas with weekly checkups, you should see more of a downward pitch.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I weight myself several times throughout the day (i.e. mornings, before & after workout, right b4 bed) BUT I only log once every two weeks or sometimes a week
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When I feel good about myself hahaha
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Every day, logged once a week. If its measured, it's managed, and part of learning about how my body works is part of this whole process.
    That said, if you can't handle the fluctuations, you should probably not weigh at all.
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    atleast 4 to 5 times a day!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've replaced bored eating with bored weighing
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in day is Tuesday, sometimes I'll check on fri/sat but I only log on Tuesday.
    Once a month I use the proper body fat scanner type scales at the gym.
  • jay_ne
    jay_ne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing after wee!
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Usually twice a week. My official weigh in day is on a Sunday. I often have an midweek weigh0in n Wednesday or Thursday but don't let it affect me. If I've lost then I've lost if I've gained then I've gained. I think it does you know favours panicking and trying to change something midweek to try and help a weightloss a few days later.