Question for the guys

Options
Be honest.....
I get that some guys like to have the pretty girl with the great figure on their arm but I have these questions....
Are you turned off by a girl that has stretch marks and their skin isn't as tight as it once was?
Would your opinion change if you knew that it was because of weight loss and hard work to get healthy?

I'm just curious...

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    stretchmarks never slowed this fella down..........
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't bother me. I've got some stretch marks too so I'd be a hypocrite if it did.
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options

Haha! love this!

Most women have stretch marks, its a part of life. Try Cocoa butter, I use it as a moisturizer, and my friend used it while she was pregnant, and it really improved her stretch marks. The higher the quantity the better, so look at the ingredients!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose the worse my stretch marks get and I'm finding them on my legs now which I hadn't seen before and they are really deep. Every time I change clothes I can't help but notice them, I know this is on the mind of other girls. Thought it might be encouraging to find out an answer. (hoping the topic will go the way I think it will, knowing the guys just on my friends list)

I was kinda wondering since so many people have lost drastic amounts of weight if they would be hypocrites or not and if the guys that have always been fit on here would say that it is an issue.
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    Honestly, try the cocoa butter. It's supposed to help the elasticity of your skin. There isn't much you can do about them, They will fade eventually. A lot of people have them, whether they choose to admit it or not.
  • walkwithme1
    Options
    Oh I'm not necessarily worried about them, I have no one to impress but when I was pregnant I tried cocoa butter, vitamin e, all that and nothing helped mine. My skin tends to scar very badly so there was never any hope for my stretch marks. (the ones on my belly actually bother me the least because they remind me of the best time in my life, when I was pregnant). :)
  • dbull12
    Options
    I would much rather you be around longer, healthy, and be able to enjoy life together before I'd ever give stretch marks a second thought. Healthy can make you happy, I would prefer you happy.

A guy that would isn't the right guy.

Best wishes!:smile:
  • walkwithme1
    Options

*love this*
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    A real man doesn't hide behind eyes of judgement. He looks into the eyes of the women he meets and sees them for who they truly are. Absolutely beautiful.

Only a fool looks for 'flaws' to find only loneliness and emptiness in their relationships.
  • robertmcalaster
    Options
    I personally don't pay any mind to stretchmarks. I think that if I did care about stretchmarks I'd be a pretty shallow person. Limiting myself because of some inconsequential marks on someone's skin seems pretty lame.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    They dont bother me.
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not a male, but heres my opinion anyways...

I honestly think there are guys out there that it will bother, I think alot of guys think they get judged on the "hotness" of the girl they are dating and they become obsessive. I know guys that wont date a girl that weighs over 50kg with blonde hair, no matter how beautiful nor smart nor successful you are.Thats just the way it is, and its not isolated to boys either, i know girls whom are just as shallow. Its an unfortunate thing that some people can be so closed minded.

On the other hand, there are people out there that strive to find people with these quirks and bumps and lumps because they feel like theyre with an individual, who doesnt fit the mould.

Im sure that if you find the right person, they wouldnt give a second thought to your stretch marks and may not even notice it. However, im sure that one day youll go to the beach and there will be that one **** who points them out and makes you feel like ****.

In the end, fat , skinny, tall, short, blonde , brunette or whatever, theres always a shallow ****head who doesnt like what you are....but theres always people who will love you for the same reasons
  • Andrew_z
    Options
    Stretch marks aren't necessarily a deal breaker. For me, a low intellect, a mean disposition, or emotional problems can be TEMPORARILY overcome by perfect skin and a stunning figure. On the other hand, a good sense of humor, strong listening skills, an affectionate and loving disposition, and an interesting mind will ALWAYS outshine something like stretch-marks, crooked teeth, or a little extra padding. BUT: if she's some kind of drama queen and has stretch marks, I'm done.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks aren't necessarily a deal breaker. For me, a low intellect, a mean disposition, or emotional problems can be TEMPORARILY overcome by perfect skin and a stunning figure. On the other hand, a good sense of humor, strong listening skills, an affectionate and loving disposition, and an interesting mind will ALWAYS outshine something like stretch-marks, crooked teeth, or a little extra padding. BUT: if she's some kind of drama queen and has stretch marks, I'm done.

Very well said!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks on my thighs since 7th grade, my fiancé doesn't seem to mind them. They're a perfectly natural part of being a person.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Nope... wouldn't even be likely to notice... doesn't bother me one bit.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hey they are battle scars...your battle is taking control of your life and your health...or pregnancy and motherhood is a battle...I don't love them, but I know what it took to get them and so most men don't mind if they have any life experience. They're not gorgeous so I don't parade them but I don't apologize for them either.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I personally don't pay any mind to stretchmarks. I think that if I did care about stretchmarks I'd be a pretty shallow person. Limiting myself because of some inconsequential marks on someone's skin seems pretty lame.

Love this i was going to say the same thing. VERY SHALLOW...you would not want to be with a man who dithced ya due to stretch marks. I have them reallybad as well and i look at them as a constant reminder of how hard i worked and the birth of my beautiful child :smile:
  • wannabehealthy1980
    Options
    No way, they don't bother me a bit!
    Besides I have them as well so I would be a hypocrite if I did :)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    They clearly don't bother my husband. He told me to "Cover up the goods" this morning. I've still a ways to go and he's happy with me as I am. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. He has a lot of them and I don't focus on them. I'm just proud he's lost 100 lbs! Any man that focuses on that and uses it as an excuse to not be with you is not worth your time/worry!