weightlifting gloves

Options
2»

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I wear ones with wrist supports ones where you can wrap around your wrist once or twice.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I have harbingers. They work nicely but my grip suffers on any pulls, they're really thick.
  • GEMINI_STL
    GEMINI_STL Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have used Harbingers lifting hooks for shrugs, dead lifts, lunges, etc. I do have a pair of the cheapie Harbinger gloves, but not my favorite. As far as gloves, I used the Golds Gyms Gloves that Walmart Sales...already have the wrist wraps. Or U can get the Harbinger Gloves with the Wrist Wraps at Sports Authority for about $25. In 10 years, maybe gone through 1 pair, 2 pair the most.
  • MarkTheFatKid
    Options
    I used fingerless lightweight Harbingers for a year or so and I loved them. It really depends on what fits your hand the best so you should try a few different brands and sizes on in a sports store. You don't want them to pinch you anywhere and/or rub against your skin and create an abrasion or anything.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    No chalk allowed in my gym,

Rosin bag is the next best thing.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I do have harbinger fingerless gloves but have found that when I use them the bar just slips straight to the fingerless bit & feels like it's going to drop very soon.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I prefer gloves and mine are Nike and I love them. Harbinger is also another great brand. Really, just get into a sporting goods store and try them on. Fit is most important.

*Note* I lift heavy and use gloves but still have calluses. It's a price you pay when you lift but totally worth it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I just got gloves. I'd been lifting since October without them and it still hurt really bad. I'd get blisters under my calluses and I think the pain was holding me back from moving up on lunges and step ups.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,996 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the gloves....Nike fits my slender hands well. Fingerless.

I shake hands A LOT in my job and my hands remain smooth and business-friendly.

:)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm torn about it. After seeing my hands post deadlift, my trainer said with a smile "You're going to get man hands!" as if this would please me. Why would that please me?? I want to be strong, I don't want to look manly in any way. But I digress. I have no gloves.