New ideas for beverages please.

Options
I now have stopped drinking sodas alltogether, I still have coffee (only one cup a day) and tea (one cup a day).

I drink lots of water but now find that when I get thirsty...I don't always want water (water, unfortunately can get boring taste wise).

Fruit juices have lots of sugar so I keep away from those, and I don't want to drink stuff with artificial sweeteners in it. Herbal teas mostly taste bitter ... so does anyone have any suggestions please.

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    http://gourmet.lovetoknow.com/Fresh_Fruit_Infused_Water

Infused water is a great way to get your water in! No artificial anything :D
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    When I just don't want plain water, I like to add a splash of lemon or lime juice, or a few pieces of frozen fruit (berries are great) for some flavour... plus it looks pretty ;)
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like mio water as well as so be life water zero
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    crystal light pink lemonade individual packets. I love it :)
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    soda water with lime and lemon is sooo refreshing and yummy and no calories!!!!! right now I am on a diet soda kick.. one a night but before this was soda water and before that gatorade
  • welchmann
    Options
    I got arnold palmer arizona tea packets!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    What about fruit cordial/squash? Plenty of low calorie ones out there. It's what i do. Noticed I drink a lot more fluid since adding a small splash to my water bottle.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Sparkling mineral water with wedges of lime and lemon squeezed in... It's lush! Also makes you think you're having a soda! Other than that I like zero sugar chi, or lime, soda and mint for an alcohol free mojito
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving soda, I get sparkling water and put in some sugar- free flavored syrup... Delish!
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for those suggestions, I definitely will try these.
  • brandts
    brandts Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Manibal_mf, I went to a health class offered by my Chiropractors office, they said it is recommended that you drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water. For me that's a lot of water. She said it should only be water, not flavored with any of those packets. I know water is boring, and I need a little flavor as well.

I read or saw somewhere that before reaching for your coffee in the morning, you get more energy from drinking a warm/hot glass of water with a teaspoon or so of honey (for energy) and 1/2 of a lemon squeezed in. I have to tell you, this has worked for me. I then drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee so I don't get that dreaded lack of caffeine headache. I like you have given up all soda. I then put the lemon rind in my water glass, and drink water out of that all day. The lemon rind flavors the water and I usually get most of my water in for the day, especially if I go to the gym. I have it with me at all times, unless we eat out, and then I get water with lemon for dinner. As soon as it's empty, I refill it. It seems to be working for me. You are looking great in your photo. Keep up the good work.