do u allow for your clothes on weigh in day

Options

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    according to my mums scales last nite i has lost 1lb but when i used the scales i do my weekly weigh in on today i stayed the same - i do have jeans, belt and jacket on today whereas i usually only have on light work trousers and a top - i dont know if i should record the 1lb loss or stay the same?

I always weight myself in the nude. If I did weight with clothes on, I would try to do so with the same stuff on everytime on my one weekly weigh-in.

OP, jeans and jacket would amount to a couple of pounds or more, jeans can be quite weighty on their own, so I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you weighed yourself first thing in the morning, naked!
  • numee2012
    Options
    im a naked when i get up on a monday and i try not to weigh in between as it can be demoralizing if the scales show you havent lost anything.
    measurements are a good guide too though as you can lose inches but not weight so maybe measure yourself and then once a month do them again and see if there are any changes :O)
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I take of my clothes right before I hope on the scale. I also make sure I weigh in on the sameday in the morning.
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I weigh at work and I wear essentially the same clothes every day. SCRUBS. I take my shoes off though.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I do it naked...in the bathroom....next to my mirror. Not gonna lie I barely pay attention to the scale as im constantly turning my self on-......true story
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    NOPE!
    And that's why I remove every stitch. I weigh in every morning right after awakening, nude and after a good poo but before breakfast.

I just want to know my weight without having to guess what clothes might weight or anything else.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I get up, pee, weigh myself naked. More or less the same time every day.

If I have a weigh in day at the gym, I make sure I am wearing the same gym kit on that day.

The key is consistency.
  • Fififantastic
    Options
    Naked, first thing in the morning after going to the toilet, AND in front of a full length mirror. Woah!! talk about confronting LOL!!
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I do it first thing in the morning, so I'm either naked or wearing underwear.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    oh, i get naked. i'd pull my skin off if i could ;)
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on the scales in the surgery as soon as I get to work (I eat breakfast at work so I do it before that). My work clothes are usually fairly similar in weight and I keep my shoes on too. Not too worried about it being an exact weight, as long as the numbers keep going in the right direction.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I've weighed myself several times in the same weigh in moment and gotten different numbers before :grumble: But there is usually one number that I get more often and that is the one I use. But I would always weigh nekkid and on the same scale, same time everyday :bigsmile:
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I always weight with nothing on. It's more consistent.

I always weigh myself after a run, however, I know it's not a true weight but fun to see myself lighter.

For the purposes of MFP I weigh myself on a morning straight out of bed.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I strip down. I don't want ANYTHING to add on extra weight if I can help it.

I may check myself at someone else's house. But my official scale is the one at my house. I weigh every Friday morning (well I weigh myself all the time but it's official on Friday's) and I do it with nothing on before I hop in the shower.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Like others are saying - I weigh myself nekkid. ;)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing, after I pee, only wearing panties.
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    weigh in the same clothes that you weighed in in the first place, or bite the bullet and set a new habit this week.
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Same as everyone else. No clothes and on a sunday morning. Don't weigh yourself every day though.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Kind of a similar funny story. My husband weighed himself here one day recently after his shower and weighed 130lb. He said he weighed himself at work the same day and weighed 140. The man has a full uniform on, keys and his wallet in his pocket. His belt holds his cell phone, gun and extra magazine clip and he wears steel toe boots. AND he had just eaten lunch. He REFUSES still to this day to believe me when I say he could be 10lb heavier with all his gear on and having just eaten :huh:
  • SteelMan59
    SteelMan59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself with the same scales and no clothes in the mourning.:smile: