HELP I am confused

Options
Hi everyone, OK, I have been watching my calories and exercising 5 out of 7 days. This has been going on for 2 weeks now and I am not losing any weight. Does anyone have any ideas of what I am doning wrong. This is just so frustrating. Thanks Kate

Replies

• fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I went through exactly the same, I didn't loose any weight in the first 2 weeks. But you just got to keep at it,
    also there are a numer of different factors that might be hindering you, you could open your diary and we could
    see what the problem is.
  • susankaye123
    Options
    Dont let that confuse you. First off you joined a gym so your weight will fluxuate. your gaining mussle (losing fat).Mussel weights more than fat. The same thing happened to me (I also joined the gym.) Theres also the metabolic tune up where you have to change your calories for a few weeks, eating less carbs and more protien.. lol I have a book all about that..:bigsmile:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Dont let that confuse you. First off you joined a gym so your weight will fluxuate. your gaining mussle (losing fat).Mussel weights more than fat. The same thing happened to me (I also joined the gym.) Theres also the metabolic tune up where you have to change your calories for a few weeks, eating less carbs and more protien.. lol I have a book all about that..:bigsmile:

Muscle does not weigh more than fat.

1lb fat takes up more room than 1lb muscle...
  • paulyarwooduk
    Options
    Have you measured yourself all over? I have noticed that with me I am losing inches as opposed to pounds because of the type of exercise that I am doing.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You probably have a few issues going on. The first few weeks your body is kind of in shock with the changes you are making so it does tend to hold on to a steady weight or in some cases it will increase (mine did). You are also exercising which can cause your body to hold on to water to repair itself, again keeping your weight the same or increasing. Also without seeing your diary no one can see what your calories are set at, they may be too low for your exercise amount, or if there are foods that maybe causing issue or even if you are drinking enough water.

Just a few things to consider.
  • cherryz
    cherryz Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm in the exact same situation now. Its very confusing, but I'm trying to stay positive about it as I want to keep this good habit of exercising going.

Does your body feel different? I've been noticing changes, and people have been complimenting me.

The best advise I can offer is keep up the exercise and see if you can fine tune any of your diet. I'm gonna try and drink more water, as I know I'm bad for this. What cal count are you aiming for each day?

Cherise
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and people will be better able to help.