Frustrated with p90x. Any suggestions?

Options
13»

Replies

• twitchdj
    Options
    I have already noticed some improvements and I'm only in my second week but have not really done too much with the ab ripper routines. Today being Tuesday Ive got a nice dose of plyo ahead of me and I'm going to try and push myself with ab ripper soon after, and see what i can manage!! BRING IT!!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You are so right Lauralee (scorpioangel). You've been pushing me from day 1 and I certainly can't quit. It's frustrating and hard at times, but I shouldn't let that get to me. I want this so bad and I will continue to keep pressing play.

And for twitchdj, ab ripper x is a beast! It's like we do at least 50 minutes of chest & back, shoulders & arms, or legs &back and then there's the ab workout. I'm tired as hell already so I do it before I go to bed since I do my workouts in the mornings. I think just as long as you do it, then the results should come.

That's the spirit girl :) You can and will do it and love the results!!!! :-)

I hate doing the ab workouts after the other workout also! At times I would split them up :)
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Let me just say I understand completely where you are coming from.

If you want to continue with P90x, just realize that it's OK to not do some of the moves. Do one, then try to do two the next time. If you can't do one, do as much as you can. Over time you will improve.

It's all about improving over time.
  • drea73
    drea73 Posts: 20
    Options
    I love love love Chleane Extreme. She is a fabulous trainer and while she will ask you to do pushups, it's no more than 12. I have lost 12 pounds since 1/2/12 using her program. It's great!!
  • betts21
    Options
    I won't write a big long email but just say...start with 1/2 workouts and modify. 30 minute you can do and you will notice how quickly you improve after a month. When I started, I could only do 8 reps of some push ups...then 10, then 15. Those are moments that make you want to keep doing it.

Weight lifting is proven to be more efficient at weight loss and helps us ladies build strong bones. Hope you find something that works...maybe even just do 3-4 x a week. It can be overwhelming if you have not been working out before.

GOOD LUCK!! (from a 2yr P90X lover).
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just graduated from P90X on New Year's Eve. I wasn't ready to start it when I did... I couldn't even pass the initial fitness test. That being said... I am stubborn.... and I stuck with it. By Day 30 I had only lost 3 pounds and I was very upset. However, the real results weren't on the scale... it was in the before pictures and after pictures. While I had only lost 3 pounds, I had trimmed up and looked like I lost 20. I didn't see it until I compared the pictures side by side.

As for how I got through it... I modified alot. The pushups were all done on my knees and the pull ups with the chair. And when it came to Core Synergistics... I tried my best and then did regular pushups or tried to modify. BTW - are you doing the lean version? If you do the regular P90X you only do Core Synergistics during recovery week. For me that is enough... and if you really don't feel the benefit from it, switch it to CardioX instead. That way you can at least feel like it is doing something.

Overall, I had pretty decent results with P90X...I trimmed up 18 inches after the 90 days but I only lost 14 pounds. I just started my second round, but on top of that I have added Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I think if you are looking for results but don't like the crazy dance moves this would be the best option.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support with P90X. :)
  • Under20Workout
    Options
    Mary, I felt the same way. It's not your fault. p90x is 8 hours a week, boring and repetitive. This is a video about exactly why P90x doesn't work. http://youtu.be/JFdNPU0t3hg