Is Coca Cola on Coke?

Options
Coke disgusts me. I just saw an advertisement from coca cola stating that drinking a coke is good way to rehydrate your body? What are you nuts?! The down side is that there are so many people who will believe this non sense and wonder why they take in so much sugar and are overweight.

Soft drinks in general disgust me....did you know one bottle of Fanta soda (20oz) has 81 grams of sugar. Thats ridiculous.

Don't believe the hype....soda is not a tool of re hydration! And thats my rant of the day....thanks for coming.

Replies

• joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Very true! I also cringe when I see the Snickers commercials advertising that their candy bar "really satisfies" and is a good way for one to refuel their body for the day. And, just like Coke ads, people will believe it!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Coke, like all soda diet or otherwise, is poison to me.
    I do not trust what these scammers are lacing these drinks with.
    NO THANKS!
    Just pure water please.....
  • marlee123
    Options
    omg i know! ive never liked Coke anyway. ive been cutting out so much sugar lately and refusing to drink lemonade. if i want a sweet drink i have 100% fruit juice or bottled iced tea. so much better than sodas.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Mm soda! Oh how I miss you running through me
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Don't ... don't ... don't believe the hype.
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    i used to drink loads of coke untill one of my mates told me.. *every time i wanted a coke, put that amount of sugar it has in a cup*... then i would have drank 1 or maybe even 1 1/2 bottles a day... untill the realisation hut me, seein all the sugar in the cups was disgusting... i actually felt sick... cant believe i put my body through drinkin *kitten* like that for as long as i can remember... its gross...try it yourself... u'll be horrafied!!!
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Coke disgusts me. I just saw an advertisement from coca cola stating that drinking a coke is good way to rehydrate your body? What are you nuts?! The down side is that there are so many people who will believe this non sense and wonder why they take in so much sugar and are overweight.

Soft drinks in general disgust me....did you know one bottle of Fanta soda (20oz) has 81 grams of sugar. Thats ridiculous.

Don't believe the hype....soda is not a tool of re hydration! And thats my rant of the day....thanks for coming.

I do drink a Coke or Pepsi most days - even though I know it's loaded with sugar. However, I can personally attest to the fact that I am having trouble getting in all my water, because I fill myself up on Coke in the morning, which leaves little room for the three glasses of water I SHOULD be drinking and have sitting next to the Coke on my desk. Only an idiot (I hope!) would think the Coke was a good replacement for water. I am a semi-idiot because I know better and do it anyway. Sigh...
  • BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll admit that I'm hooked on diet soda. It's been harder to try to quit drinking diet Dr pepper than it ever was to quit smoking!!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    so true!!! I like that idea of putting it into perspective though with the cup of sugar...people should try that. I personally don't drink soda naturally. I have never been addicted to it like most people I know.I have a co-worker that easily consumes a six pack a day (no joke!)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda at all but every now and then I will drink Coke or Cherry Coke but only if it comes from a fountain machine.

I don't see how it can be used as re-hydration though.. now that is just silly.
  • Pancake86
    Options
    Water is the only liquid i trust ;)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, actually, soda WILL hydrate you. That isn't a lie.

Yes, it's full of sugar and calories, but also water.

People are allowed to make their own decisions. Coke has been around a heck of a lot longer than this obesity problem. And plenty of people are overweight who never drink soda of any kind. Or wat fast food. In fact, I know many people who are overweght who probably eat healthier foods than most people on this site, just more than they should.

Coke is a company trying to make money. Are they supposed to advertise that if you drink the product you'll be fat?
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    81 grams of sugar?? LOL. I felt bad about having 30g yesterday including fruit and milk.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Lots of marathoners and triathletes use it on course during races. Its a great boost packed with cals
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    a) It will rehydrate you
    b) Caffeine may be a dieuretic but doesn't have that GREAT effect to dehydrate you
    c) diet coke has virtually no calories or fat - never really affected me
    d) Full sugar/regular coke could be quite good for someone who's depleted as the sugars will help elevate blood glucose
    e) Everything in moderation (as long as you're not intolerant/allergic it's actual poison)
    f) So long as you maintain good oral hygiene, it won't be an issue for your teeth
    g) It tastes good
    h) It never affected me or my workout performance... I suspect anyone that claims it does to them significantly is overlooking something else

Whether its the best thing to re-hydrate you or even the best thing for you or not is another thing. Don't be scaring people off drink pop/soda... it's not fair or sensible or valid.
  • topaz1311
    Options
    I have a medical condition and if I am hydrated at all I need to drink coke because if I drink water I will become more hydrated and could end up seriously ill, I was told to do this by medical staff. Although it doesn't mean I have to drink it all the time but I find that I do have to drink a glass or two every few of days to keep myself hydrated.
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    Glad someone else has their sensible head on today:
    Well, actually, soda WILL hydrate you. That isn't a lie.

Yes, it's full of sugar and calories, but also water.

People are allowed to make their own decisions. Coke has been around a heck of a lot longer than this obesity problem. And plenty of people are overweight who never drink soda of any kind. Or wat fast food. In fact, I know many people who are overweght who probably eat healthier foods than most people on this site, just more than they should.

Coke is a company trying to make money. Are they supposed to advertise that if you drink the product you'll be fat?
  • RAFValentina
    Options
    Lots of marathoners and triathletes use it on course during races. Its a great boost packed with cals

This...I concur wholeheartedly!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

But I don't like the taste of beer ...

Can I have a frozen mudslide instead?