Sardine ideas anyone?

Options
124»

Replies

• BrooklynBeast
    Options
    I love sardines. In fact, I just had some straight from the tin the other day. Fresh sardines are the best. I roast them on the grill. Experiment with different seasonings to find out what you like the best.

I also love anchovies and mackerel, basically any fish with a robust flavor.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Anchovies with loads of crushed garlic, lemon, pepper and fresh parsley, sauteed in fry-lite with, then mixed with wholewheat spaghetti is immense.

Kippers/smoked fish with chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped spring onions (scallions) chilli & a drop of sesame oil - on rye bread topped with a poached egg & wild rocket - amazing weekend breakfast.

If you're a fish lover, try these, so tasty!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at the responses that I found regarding the post. I thought this was a site to encourage, motivate, support, and shoot healthy ideas to each other, something like a positive site. Maybe people were being silly, funny or what have you but when I read some of them, I sensed a liltte jerkish. Anywho, back to the question at hand, I haver never had fresh sadines but I love canned/tinned sardines.

If I am not just looking for a quick fix, i usually boil rice and fry an egg or 2. I mix the fried eggs, rice, and sadines together. Sprinkle a little pepper and seasoned salt and add a little butter and dig in! Oh wow that made me want some!!!!!! :-)

I thought they were FUNNY. But I have a sense of humor!