Praise to Peanut Butter, it's a great appetite suppresant

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i call any thing you can readily consume finger food so keep away from anything you just can eat out of jar feel free add me lets reach our goals together
    YOU stay away from it. I like it.
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lol I read this then go to MSN where I learn that it is national peanut butter day. They have recipes and stuff but I didn't look to see if any were healthy.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hey I thought people outside the U.S thought Peanut butter was gross? So are you guys considered strange, or is peanut butter catching on?

I love Jif Crunchy P.B. . I told my wife yesterday I needed to get a huge jar and eat it until I got sick, so I'd stop craving it.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I told my wife yesterday I needed to get a huge jar and eat it until I got sick, so I'd stop craving it.

I don't think that's possible. Peanut butter is awesome.
  • Cornwallis68
    Cornwallis68 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey I thought people outside the U.S thought Peanut butter was gross? So are you guys considered strange, or is peanut butter catching on?

I grew up eating peanut butter (UK in the 70s) - generally mixed with a little Marmite or Bovril in our house! I think all my family like it, but loads of people hate it. It's not so widespread as in the USA, but we've had it around for ages.
  • crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how happy I am to see this thread! I was just telling my parents last Saturday how it seems that EVERY DAY I crave a spoonful of peanut butter and nothing else seems to satisfy the craving. My mom suggested my body is craving protein, but I think it's just the taste and consistency of the peanut butter that I love! MORE PEOPLE LIKE ME! YAY! :)

My jar at home is almost empty. :( And by almost, I mean I am going to have to scrape my spoon around the inside to get as much peanut butter out of it as I can. I wasn't going to buy another jar, hoping it would kick my craving... but now that I see other people are also PB-crazy, maybe I will!
  • jay11284
    jay11284 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My favorite Peanut Butter is the Trader Joe's brand creamy. They don't add any sugar which is nice, and it just tastes better than other brands, it actually tastes and smells like peanuts and nothing more (because peanuts and salt are the only ingredients!).
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I have never tried peanut butter. *embarassed*
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

I love Jif Crunchy P.B. . I told my wife yesterday I needed to get a huge jar and eat it until I got sick, so I'd stop craving it.

HaHa, That won't work, the more I buy the more my DH eats (he's a PB addict). I love it too, on apples, celery, bread, crackers, spoon, anyway to get it to my mouth. BUT - I have to limit it carefully. It is a great snack with fruit or celery mid day!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    When I get hungry right before bed I grab a spoon full of peanut butter and I am satisfied!
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Might have been mentioned already, but try PB2... it's lower calories, and still tastes pretty darn good! ;)

I don't have anywhere around me that sells it, so I purchased it online (a little more pricey, but worth it in my opinion...)

^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!! I totally L-O-V-E PB2! Its great mixed into oatmeal, tossed in with shakes, or even all by itself. I like to take a cut apple and dip it into PB2. SOOOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AngelaR1
    AngelaR1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You really thought only people in the US liked Peanut Butter??????????????????
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My jar at home is almost empty. :( And by almost, I mean I am going to have to scrape my spoon around the inside to get as much peanut butter out of it as I can. I wasn't going to buy another jar, hoping it would kick my craving... but now that I see other people are also PB-crazy, maybe I will!

So you only buy one jar? I usually buy them in threes. :bigsmile: I love it with apples and can't wait to try it mixed with greek yoghurt like someone suggested. Yummo!
  • rml_16
    Options
    I have never tried peanut butter. *embarassed*

I would recommend you try it, but you may not be able to stop eating it. So maybe it's best this way. :-)
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    I haven't been eating it on sandwiches but I do use it in smoothies everyday,and found something called better 'n' peanut butter and it tastes the same and only has 100 calories per serving (2 TBSP) so in my smoothie I only eat 50 calories and even with everything else I put in, protein powder, almond milk, oats, banana and spinach, I can still taste the pb, it's great!
  • dollienj
    Options
    I've had it with oatmeal in the morning at work, and it's carried me through the morning. I do need to get some celery sticks, I used to love celery & PB as a kid.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I <3 peanut butter.
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    Can I get an "Amen" for Peanut Butter?
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am in the U.K. so brands are different but I wasn’t going to mention them here anyway… Obviously the natural, organic PB is better. But even the one with little added sugar and salt does the job of killing the cravings.

No! No! You are on MFP! You must become an MFP clone and do as you're told. ONLY ORGANIC. ONLY PEANUTS. If you eat added sugar and salt you will DIE a horrible DEATH!

:-)

Kidding. I love peanut butter. I eat a couple servings of it a day. My favorite is Skippy Natural. I've never tasted a peanut butter better than that. I like to eat it with a little dark chocolate. And then I have this chocolate peanut butter i put in my fruit smoothies that's awesome.

I love the skippy natural with honey! It's worth the 2g extra of sugar. And omg Nutella...that stuff is dangerous!!
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP